Better luck next time

•𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒄𝒓𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌

Crystal Rodriguez.

<After 10years>

I groaned as my alarm kept on beeping within a time spam of 10 minutes.

God,why can't monday just disappear?

Slowly i walked out of my room towards the basement.

It's been a whole month since i last meet Avery and i really do miss her.

Something is surely wrong with her but she never shares anything with me.

Yes,in the last few year we bonded but she still isn't able to trust me i guess.

I don't even know why she choosed that freaking basement to stay,dad says because she likes to live a simple life and not a life full of luxuries and trust me when i say this that our entire mansion is a whole definition of luxury.

I pushed open the door of the basement which was guarded by two young boys,apparently they seem to be like in there 20's

The basement smells gross,
God how can someone survive here?

The windows were covered with spider webs and the walls almost had cracks in them.

There wasn't any damn electronic medium available!

And i honestly can't imagine my life without that.

How can she?

I found her lying on the floor,her back was pressed on the wall and her entire body covered with sweat.

She looked much more pale as compared to the last time i saw her.

I slowly walked towards her trying my best to not wake her.

But she immediately jerked as soon she heard the sound of my shoes approaching her.

She was trembling.

"Avery,what's wrong? It's me Stel" i asked slowly sitting beside her.

"Oh,it's you!" She signed in relief

"Yes,Oh my freaking God! What's wrong with you? You look so pale,aren't you having your meals on regular basis?" I asked her.

"Yes,and no i don't look pale. Just getting older day by day" she replied.

"Oh,but avery you don't look happy" i stated.

"Was i ever?" She asked.

"Umm you know,you can share it with me if something is bothering you" i replied back.

"No,leave" she said bluntly

What the hell? Did i missed something?
This isn't the avery i used to know!

"Is it dad? Oh my God! I thought he stopped,how can he? Let me talk to him" i replied standing up

"Sit down Crystal" she replied back pulling me towards her