2

Warning: There will be cursing in this chapter

You and Eret sat close together at the table. Your sides were slightly placed together and you had one of your legs over Eret's leg as he had his hand placed on that leg. You were telling him what had happened at the mission. " Then Snotlout got caught on the cage." You said, making you both laugh. Suddenly you both duck down, dodging a piece of meat that went flying over both your heads. You both laughed again before being slightly interrupted by the kids and Valka. " Ughh Lovebird alert!" Ruffnut said as she sat down with the others. "Hey, y'all are the ones who decided to sit here!" You said as you threw you fork at her. She quickly dodged and the fork lunged straight into the wall.

"Anyway..." You said as you turned back to Eret and continued to talk. Suddenly Gobber and Hiccup came in. Gobber pushed Astrid aside, causing her to almost fall over and Val quickly moved before being pushed. Gobber continued to complain to Hiccup. " Oh hold on, I have to go and report to Hiccup." Eret said and you moved your leg, " Okay. I'll be here. " You both kissed before he walked away to go around the large table. "Uh! God help us. Time to stop worrying about the problems out there...." Gobber grabbed Astrid and Hiccup, " and start sorting out the ones right here." Gobber said as he started to suffocate Hiccup, making you laugh.

You went to take a sip of your drink, " Hung up those saddles and get married! " The whole table got quiet and you almost chocked on your drink. " The "M" word." Tuffnut said as everyone froze in their places. "Gross. Unless it's me." She said before throwing the pie at Tuffnut with a grunt. You rolled your eyes before you continued to eat, wondering where Eret went. "Start ruling like a royal couple." Gobber suddenly leaned close to Astrid. " Marry him. Please! You're the only one with any sense around here. With you wearing the pants, there's still hope!" You shook your head at his words.

Astrid finally escaped Gobber's grip. " Wow! Gobber... Not awkward at all!" She said before leaving. Hiccup then escaped Gobber's grip and Gobber went after Astrid. Eret walked into frame and he gave you a confused look from what happened earlier. Your guess was that he didn't want to interrupt Hiccup's situation earlier. You only shrugged at him before finishing eating. Eret looked away awkwardly before clearing his throat. " Eret, son of Eret!" Hiccup said as he shoved Tuffnut away, spiting and groaning afterwards. "What's the report?"

"Two more trappers barges spotted in the strait." " So we go after them." Suddenly Gobber appeared again, glaring at Hiccup. " What?" Eret glanced at you and you giggled a bit before shrugging. "One day, you're gonna pick a fight you can't win." Gobber said as he poked Hiccup's chest. " Would you look at that! All done with my food! I'll be on my way!" You said obnoxiously loud as you stepped out of your seat. You glanced at Eret before walking away.

"Here's the last crate." You said as you handed it to Eret. Eret was frozen in place, you had bent over the edge of the ship compartment to reach for the crate. You reached the crate behind you and waited for him to grab it. "If you're staying at my ass, I'll beat your ass later." You threatened and Eret quickly snapped out of it. " Sorry, I was enjoying the view." He said. You could hear his smirk from where you were. When you felt him grab the crate, you sent your foot kicking back, kicking his stomach. You finally stood up and turned, watching him tumble over and groan. " Come on." You said walking away.

"Was that really necessary?" He asked as you both were walking towards the blacksmith. You both walked by Toothless and you pat his head before looking back ahead. "Of course it was." You said smirking. You walked ahead and stood next to Astrid. "It ruined boy talk." Tuffnut said as he threw the dart behind him, almost hitting Eret in the face and got stuck on the crate. " Woah!" You laughed. "Gah, let me at him!" Gobber said angrily. " Is Gobber having mood swings or something? He's been moody recently." You said, mostly to yourself. " Slow down, Gobber." Hiccup said, stopping him.

Hiccup turned towards you and Astrid." Let's get a search team on the ground, scouts in the air." Astrid grabbed an axe and Hiccup turned away. " Toothless and I will fly the coastline." "Yeah, I wouldn't advise taking Toothless anywhere, Chief." Eret said, catching everyone's attention. Eret examined the dart. "I know this handiwork. Grimmel the Grisly. Famous back where I'm from. The smartest dragon hunter I ever met." He said turning towards the group. "Well, next to me, of course." Eret said walking to you and handing you the dart. You carefully grab it and examine it. You then hand it to Astrid.

"Well, he can't be that smart. He left his trap unmanned." Hiccup said as he watches Eret walk. Eret chuckled, " Nothings accidental when it comes to old Grimmel." Eret said as he turned to Toothless, placing his hands on his hips. "He lives for the hunt, to get inside the mind of his prey, to control its every choice." Eret turned towards the group again, " It's all a game to him." "Well he doesn't know who he's playing with." Astrid said determined. " Yeah, we've dealt with his kind before. " You walked to Eret and he wrapped his arm around your shoulder. You wrap your arm around his waist, holding each other.

"Don't underestimate him Hiccup." Eret's grip tighted a bit, " Mark my words. He'll be back." You looked up at Eret with worry, " Then we'll be waiting." Hiccup said as they all looked determined.