Dont turn around

It was pitch black in your room, and you were frightened underneath the covers of your bed. You didn't want to look out, or, you didn't know if you were looking out of your blankets. All you heard were the loud sirens outside and the loud static of the radio. Suddenly, it went quiet, then a loud beeping noise, followed by the radio announcing a message "This is not a drill. If you are a remaining survivor of the current invasion of [DISTRICT], please immediately follow these procedures for your safety."

You await your orders from the radio

"If you are in any open area or are outdoors at this moment, please run to a safe hiding place and turn to a wall or a remote corner. Do not pay attention to any figures inside or outside your place of shelter. If you hear noises or knocking on any surface asking you to open the door for you to let them in, do not answer or make any kind of sound whatsoever. Turn off all lights and ventilation systems in your place of shelter if possible"

You weep silently when it finally hits you, the situation your life has come to. Slowly, you reach for your phone, trying not to alert anything that could possibly be in the room with you. You stopped for a moment to think about your life. Your memories with those you loved, will all be gone with your life at any given moment. It was like a tiger ready to pounce on you through the thick grass of the savanna.

You needed to if anyone was there. Anyone. Someone who could comfort you in your last possible moments. Someone you could say goodbye and farewell to on your way outside the door of fate.

You tap your phone screen and are immediately taken aback by your phone brightness. The last time you were on your phone was about 2 hours ago, right before this whole ordeal began. You wince and gasp silently when you heard your own unconscious reaction to the burning light.

You hear a quiet tapping noise and feel a tingly feeling in your legs and waist, like a pins and needles feeling. You try to move just to confirm that the feeling was only there because you had been stuck in one position for almost 2 hours.

But you couldn't move. Or at least, it might have felt like you couldn't, because the feeling of your bed sheets on your "legs" were overwritten by the horrible, painful sensation from the waist down. You scream in agony when you notice that it has got you. You call for help desperately as it eats you alive.

You breathed in the horrible smelling gas the entity was emitting. You started to feel numb in your whole body. It was easily mistaken wether you were blacking out, or just couldn't lift up your eyelids because of how numb you were feeling. That was the last thing you could remember.

Being eaten alive by god knows what.