6

FINISHED CHAPTER SCROLL TO END IF YOU ALREADY READ BEFORE I UPDATED

POV--MERCILESS--
Merciless heard the sound of someone walking in the crunchy snow, and looked up to see Macabre looking at him, Macabre quickly moved behind the cliff. Merciless sighed and got up walking as quietly as possible. He turned the corner and grabbed Macabre, who was trying to sneak away, by the collar of his shirt.
"What are you doin'?" Merciless growled, he was confused about how Macabre even found him "why are ya following' me?"
"I'm not!" Macabre exclaimed "well... technically I was."
Merciless narrowed his eyes at Macabre
"But for a good reason!" Macabre looked a bit nervous. "You never gave me my gun back."
"Oh." Merciless had completely forgotten about the gun. He carefully set Macabre down, and tossed him his gun. "There ya go."
Macabre caught the gun and looked at Merciless nervously.
"Uh... do you by any chance remember which way the Day's city is?" Macabre asked
"Why're you askin' me?" he responded
"I'm lost." Macabre admitted "I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going, I was just following your footprints."
"I do know where your city is, but You aren't going' home now. It's snowing too hard." Merciless told the day operative "you'll freeze."
Macabre frowned "I'm not staying with you. I'm going home."
"Your funeral." Merciless hissed before turning around and going back into the cave and reorganising his bag. He wasn't going to try to stop Macabre if he wanted to try to go back to the day's city. It was just one less day operative to deal with if he died. Merciless could care less if Macabre got hurt, after what he did to the Coalition he had no sympathy for him.
Movement caught one of Merciless' eyes, and he looked up. Macabre was now sitting inside the cave, as far away from Merciless as possible. The day operative was glaring at him. Merciless ignored him and returned to sorting the weapons in his bag.
"You did this on purpose didn't you?" Macabre questioned.
Merciless looked back up at him, confused "did what?" He asked.
"You purposely 'forgot' to give my gun back." Macabre replied
"Why the hell would I do that?" Merciless hissed. "I want nothin' to do with you now that I'm outta your stupid city."
"Well I know you purposely waited around to confront me about leaving the Night Coalition, back in the city." He responded.
"Yeah, so maybe I did. But I meant to give you  your gun back." Merciless pulled one of the knives out of his bag, and began to sharpen it. "It just slipped my mind, is all."
"Yeah sure." Merciless could tell Macabre didn't believe him. "I know how you are, Merci, you always do something for a reason."
"Well this time I didn't." he was beginning to get annoyed with Macabre.
"You better not try and do anything with that knife." Macabre growled
"I'm not gonna." Merciless glanced up at Macabre "I could get rid of him now if I wanted to." he thought. "It would be easy. He's right there and I already took all the ammo out of his gun back in the city" Merciless frowned, he didn't know if he could actually kill him, morally at least. Him and Macabre had been partners on many Night missions, and they had been good friends. He didn't know if he could deal with the mental reproductions of killing his former friend. He looked back up at Macabre, who was shivering. Macabre was sitting quite close to the exit and didn't seem to want to get any closer to Merciless. Merciless didn't blame him for that though, as far as Macabre was concerned Merciless was not against hurting him.
"Ya know you can get closer to the fire if ya want right?" Merciless asked
Macabre scoffed "as if I would get any closer to you."
"Ya don't have to get any closer to me. But I can tell yer cold." Merciless responded "do whatever you want though"
"Hypothetically, if I were to get closer would you try to kill me?" Macabre asked
"Nah." Merciless returned to sharpening his knives "i wouldn't get anythin' outta killing you"
"Oh wow. So you only kill people if it benefits you now? Pathetic." Macabre hissed
"Who are you to talk?!" Merciless growled

Hi decided to finish this chapter, might keep updating every now and then cause the ship is growing on me again :]

Merciless frowned and started sharpening another knife. Macabre was getting on his nerves and he was trying his best to stay calm, he knew the day operative didn't want to be there either. He saw movement at the edge of his vision and glanced over to see that Macabre had moved closer to the fire. The short grey operative was holding his hands up to the fire trying to warm them, he looked tired. 'Why'd he come all this way just for a gun?' Merciless thought to himself it was strange to him. He wouldn't go towards an enemy for a weapon. Maybe we aren't enemies in his eyes. Well eye.

"You can stop staring at me" Macabre spoke jolting Merciless out of his thoughts

"Zoned out sorry" he replied softly

He kind of wanted the day operative to stay? He had missed him so much and  sort of wanted to talk to him.

"What, uh..." Merciless frowned he should have thought about what he was going to say before he started talking.

Macabre stared at him silently for a moment before speaking "you gonna finish that sentence or what?"

Merciless snorted "what's the union like. Operative experience wise I guess"

"Eh. It's not horrible. Like I told you earlier I made amends with my friend, it's nice to get to see him again." Macabre was silent again flipping his hands to warm the backs of them "has the coalition changed much"

"Not really" Merciless responded "Horrid never replaced you so it's been kinda...lonely? Without you. I don't know. It ain't the same."

"I sort of miss it." Macabre said quietly "I'm glad I joined the union but I miss the old night city. You built a new one sometime after I left it seems"

"Yeah that was Otherworldly's idea"

"Of course it was" Macabre snorted "let me guess: we just need to make a new city so if the days find us we can move. It would be a strategical advantage" 

Merciless laughed, Macabre always did a good otherworldly impression "that's exactly how it went"

Macabre smile at Merciless. 'Maybe he hasn't changed as much as I thought, maybe we could still be friends' Merciless thought