•~Prologue-Akito, Ena and Karuizawa~•

10 Years old

I was sitting on a swing at the park, kicking my legs off from the floor. I sighed and looked over to another area of the park. There were 3 girls, my frien—well, ex-friends. We're aren't going to talk about them.

"Hey..are you okay, (Y/N)?" I heard a boy's voice. I looked up and there he was. I knew him from school. Akito Shinonome. We were in the same class but we never really spoke to eachother.

"Hm." I didn't really want to talk to him, or anyone for that matter. I was normally really social but not when I was in a bad mood. Akito sat on the swing next to mine.

"Hey, I know we never talk..like at all..but I did hear what those girls said to you. That was just really uncalled for. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'll listen." I looked over and nodded.

"Thanks, Akito. But I'm not exactly in the mood right now." I gave him a weak smile.

"How about this? You and me, go to the store and get some snacks. Then we can hang out at my place. My parents are out with my sister so it should be ok." It was a nice offer and I wanted to take him up on it. I pulled out my phone and texted my parents, letting them know where I was going.

"I think...we can do that. But why?" I asked him, putting my phone back into my hoodie pocket.
"Well you seem sad and since we're in the same class, I think that we could be friends." He stated. I smiled.

"Well, come on! We better get going before the store closes." Akito said, standing up and extending his hand out to me. I took it and we continued on with our day.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

That day changed my life. Meeting Akito..I didn't realise how happy it would make me...to make a friend.

Then there was that day...
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
3 Weeks Later

"Hey! Heeey! (Y/N)! Come meet my big sister!" Akito said, dragging me along with him to another room in his house. A room that...I had never been in.

"Hey! Ena!" He said, pushing open the door. "Hm? Oh hey, Akito! Wait! Is this—" The brunette girl said, looking over at me. She stood up from her bed and came over to me.

"Hii! I'm Ena! Are the '(Y/N)' girl Akito tells me all about?" She asks me. I was a bit surprised by her sudden introduction but it didn't really matter.

"Yep! That's me!" I said as I shrugged. Akito just sort of..stared at us?
"Umm, Akito? Are you ok?" I said, poking his cheek. He didn't respond.
"Akitooo! Hello! Anyone home?" Ena asked, poking his other cheek.

"Yeah...I'm fine, I think." He said, not really moving. Me and Ena both started laughing. The three of us, me, Akito and Ena, spent the day together, just doing random things.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

That day...also changed my life. Me and Ena are very good friends now. Me and Akito still best friends to this day.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
2 Months Later

"Yes but that's not the point. How do you think they'll reac—ah...(n/n)...what are you doing up so late?" My mother asked as I walked into the kitchen. It was around 1:00 am when I heard my parents almost yelling at eachover.

"Umm...I just wanted a glass of water..." I had to lie. I went down to check on my parents. Just to see if they were ok.

"Well..I get that for you now, darling. Just head on up to bed..I bring it to you.." My father said, going to open the cabinet that had the glasses inside.

"Well alright..." I said and I went back up to my bedroom.

I layed there for a while, not having much to think about.

"Hey there, Mochi." Mochi was the nickname my dad gave me.
"Hi, Dad.." I responded, sitting up in my bed. He handed me the water and as I took a few sips, he sat on my bed.

"Um, (Y/N)..there's something me and you mother have been meaning to talk to you about..."
He wasn't calling me by my usual nickname..or Mochi. This was definitely serious.

"Y'know..I really love my job..not as much and I love you, obviously but I do love my job."

"Yeah I know dad, you talk about it all the time." I managed to stifle a chuckle.

"But the annoying part about it is..."

What is he going to say?

"...there moving our office to Karuizawa..and my job with it..."

Ah, so that's what it is..

"And me and mom have to go with you.."
He sighed and so did I. I wasn't expecting it but at the same time, I was...

"I'm sorry, Mochi. But it's what we have to do. But we're moving in a few months so don't start worrying yet." He stood up from his position on my bed.

"G'night, (Y/N)...and I'm sorry.." He kissed my forehead.

"It's okay, Dad. Goodnight." He left my room. That small conversation gave me a lot to think about.

What am I gonna do without Akito or Ena?
Am I gonna be able to make friends there?
Karuizawa is like, 2 and a half hours away by car!
What am I gonna do..?

These types of thoughts kept racing through my mind. I decided to just go to sleep and figure out my feelings tomorrow.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Who would've guessed that my new social life would be ruined only a few months after it started? I wasn't able to speak with Akito and Ena at all in Karuizawa. They were both crushed to see me leave. But I always told them the same thing...

I'll be back...I promise. And then, we can         be even closer friends than we already are!

Yeah..closer friends...let's go with that..

•~Night Classes~•
                    •~Prologue-End~•