𝕿𝕿𝕽𝕭: ch01.1, homecoming

ch01 : homecoming
part 1

ch01 : homecoming part 1

<sade>

Sunday
june 5,
Around noon

𝕾𝖆𝖉𝖊́ sat in the drivers seat of the silver Ford Taurus listening to Dame's enthusiasm over the coming day. He was eager, but she saw drama. "I don't know about this shit, Dame. You sure you ready to just throw yourself in?" She asked him.

"What you think, Georgie?" He turned around to see his three year old daughter in the backseat, "I just here to play with Mani. Tha's my bestie."

"Yeah, whatever. Y'all trippin'. This only our first family reunion. And I haven't met most of them. So, I'm kinda excited. And y'all need to be excited too. Know why?" He asked.

"Why?" Georgie asked.

"Well, Georgie did you know daddy has a sister?"

"Nope. What her name?"

"Aajané."

"Her same last name to you?" The three year old asked.

"Nah, her last name is Lovejoy, now." He responded.

"That's cute! Can my name be love and joy?" She gushed at the name causing Sadé to laugh.

"Baby girl, you don't like our last name?"

"I guess. It's the same as Grandoll so. That's still cute too." Georgie reasoned. "Why I didn't see her before?"

"You know what? I haven't seen her since she was your age. So me and you are going to meet her together. Are you excited to have another auntie?"

"Only if her can dress. Because my auntie Chey can dress so cute and so do my mommy sister. So she have to be cute like us."

Sadé shook her head at her daughters banter. "You want McDonald boo?" She asked her.

Georgie snapped her head dramatically, "I thought we wasn't gone eat fast food no more? That's what you was saying to Aunty Chey!"

"Girl, stop listening to me on the phone. You want a happy meal or no?"

"I'll pass. I just eat at the barbecue."

Sadé shook her head again, laughing at her daughter. "Chile, we ain't raising her right. Obviously because she don't know that you eat before the cook out!"

Dame laughed too.

"You want McDonalds?" Sadé asked him.

"I'm not really hungry."

"See, you not helping my case at all." She complained, then looked at him, " You just nervous. I'm making both of y'all eat. I don't want to hear nobody complaining about how hungry they are later." She said, pulling into the long drive-thru line. "Is Cole gone be there?"