two.

tw // brief mentions of death.

august 28th, 2018.
seoul, south korea.

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

they hadn't talked the entire night.

not the morning after, either.

they had slipped into their usual routines, though jungkook had tried to talk to namjoon when the elder had come downstairs to have his breakfast — he wouldn't lie, he was not really fond of the silent treatment he was getting. mind you, jungkook is used to getting spoiled with the elder's affection.. so not having the elder talk to him makes him droopy.

there's a soft knock on his door that would bring namjoon out of his thoughts, glancing at the door with a sigh — "hyung?" he would hear jungkook call out, a hint of urgency in his voice. the urgency was the only reason why namjoon opened the door, watching jungkook rub the back of his neck.

"um, my bike tires flattened out.. so i was wondering if you could give me a lift? if your car has returned from the servicing stuff?" jungkook's voice has a tint of embarrassment in it, namjoon can sense that; it does make him think, for once — maybe a car ride couldn't be /that/ bad, can it?

but then again, he'd be in an enclosed space with jungkook for atleast twenty minutes, if there's no traffic. if there is, he'd have to be with him for a longer time, and then he'd have to hear the younger apologize — over and over again.

but namjoon still agreed — though he's pissed, it doesn't change the fact that he does love jungkook. he'd do anything for him anyway, he's a goner for the younger male. he'd sigh, fixing his shirt as he walked away, walking to his closet to grab a trench coat.

"sure, wait for me downstairs, I'll be there in a second." his tone is harsh, he knows, but jungkook would rather jump softly, grinning over at him. a loud ‘thanks hyung!’ and he was off to sit on the couch downstairs, patiently waiting for namjoon.

no words were exchanged again — namjoon quietly driving the car, the buzzing of the streets covered with a random hip hop track which played on the radio; jungkook was busy gnawing on his bottom lip, trying to think of ways to start a conversation off.

"if you're thinking of a way to bring up what happened yesterday, don't." namjoon would offer to the running thoughts inside jungkook's head, the younger frowning ever so softly; he hated the way the elder's voice sounded so firm, when he's used to the constant soft, hushed deep voice — it makes him pout yet again, looking outside the window to collect his thoughts, as if that'd help.

"i still want to apologize, hyung, i-" he was cut off when he heard namjoon sigh, watching the elder stop the car, catching the red traffic light in his peripheral vision.

"drop it, koo. it's fine; i should've seen this coming. it's okay if you want to spend your birthday with your boyfriend." there's a sour taste on namjoon's tongue when he admits it to himself that jungkook now has a boyfriend, his head softly tipped back as he closed his eyes.

and jungkook sighs in defeat after that — he knew namjoon had always been protective of him, when it obvious from his dating history that people have almost always took advantage of jungkook being a little more naive; but he's known jimin for months now — and he knows he's better, god he's so much better than anyone he's come across.