three.

tw // mention of death.

august 28th, 2018.
seoul, south korea.

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

there's already so much on his mind as of the moment, this guy... taehyung, isn't helping the most. his eyes flick down to read jungkook's text instead, a sigh escaping his lips — three days to jungkook's birthday and he's already feeling gloomy about all of this.

he hasn't even thought of a gift to give to jungkook — this is going to be hard.

there's another ping heard, causing namjoon to look down on his phone, scanning the screen. another message from taehyung. he opens the chat to read the text, jaw softly jutted to the side — what does the kid want to do with namjoon, anyway?

⠀⠀⠀ unknown.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| hi ! it's me, taehyung :3
⠀⠀⠀⠀| i'm sorry if im bothering you tho..
⠀⠀⠀⠀| but you're so cool— sorry for gawking at
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀you earlier hdjd

and.. namjoon isn't sure how to respond to that — this is indeed the first time someone has deemed him to be 'cool', well besides jungkook, of course. so his thumbs just freeze in place as he thinks of something to reply with but his brain is absolutely mush with too many thoughts.

⠀⠀⠀namjoon.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| oh hey.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| i'm assuming you're one of kook's friends?
⠀⠀⠀⠀| and uh, im not sure why you find me cool?

he decides to drop the conversation there for the while, also because kyungmin had come back into the room after leaving for a while, a grim look on his face — it made namjoon assume the worst, his face slowly mimicking the same expression the other detective adorned.

jisung was indeed dead.

minho is absolutely crazy.

and this was definitely wild enough to make namjoon feel.. defeated. yeah, though he has obviously found the culprit, it doesn't change the fact that maybe he could've caught onto minho's lies quicker, could've had come across jisung.. alive.

"they found him dead." kyungmin mumbled, a folder in his hands as he splayed it onto namjoon's work desk, pictures scattered over and — oh. the tall male just shuts his eyes close, does not have it in him to look at them.

"close that fucking file, god." he would grit his teeth together, walking away to take a moment away from this. the day after that.. passes by in a blur for him. constant headaches, the urge to just sit in a corner, blurred vision — have you seen those ghost blur filters? yeah, people seem to move just like that for him.

it's been six hours but namjoon has barely caught a grip onto reality.

the case file lays uncompleted, his coffee, that he ordered an hour ago stays untouched, his throat feels heavy. it's just a hard pill to swallow, isn't it?

"joon-ah.." kyungmin mumbled from the entrance to namjoon's cabin, sighing as he scanned the male's face — it makes him worried, so he offers namjoon to leave for now, it was close to the day ending, everybody was slowly packing up anyway.

and ah, great. it's raining.

he doesn't bother to cover his head unlike most days, just.. let's his coat drench up in water as he walks to his car, discards the coat to the side and takes a seat — everything that could go wrong has went wrong today, the rain making his mood gloomier isn't helping either.