Brotherly bonding

Loki's point of view after you were taken by Munnin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki stands in the now-empty church hall, staring in disbelief at the spot where you just were moments ago, before you were snatched by Odin's ravens, Munnin and Huggin.

Loki knew he didn't have much time before the torture began, and it was unclear to him how much physical suffering you could withstand. But he didn't budge an inch; he couldn't. He stared fixedly at the place where he last caught sight of you with feelings of guilt that have completely overwhelmed him, rendering him in a state of shock.

He blames himself for all the hurt he put you through and feels ashamed of the horrible comments he made, even if he didn't mean a single word. But the deep realisation of his wrongdoing has now created a fog of remorse and self-loathing that hangs over him, and it's difficult for him to think clearly.

A broken man, he feels completely disoriented and forlorn since losing you. He sinks to his knees, covering his face with a hand as tears stream down his face and thoughts of you flood his head.

"I'm sorry my love, I'm so sorry" he sobbed, "you deserved better than me!"

"Loki..." A warm hand touches Loki's shoulder, startling him out of his hopeless trance. He turns his head and looks up at Thor, his eyes teary.

Until now, Thor had never seen his brother display such sentiment. It was out of the ordinary, and completely foreign to him.

Observing his brother become emotional and concerned about the welfare of another threw Thor off and made him doubt his previous assumptions about Loki. Whether or not the things others said about him were accurate or merely unjustified judgements left him wondering.

Thor's heart awakened in that moment, he felt his brothers anguish. It was pure, and real. There was no trickery, no mischief. Just agonising sorrow for his lost love.

"Come on Loki, let us go and rescue Mina," Thor said, his tone full of hope and eagerness.

Thor's use of your name roused Loki from his stupor and snapped him out of his despair. He faced Thor with a look of determination, and it was clear from Loki's expression that he was now a God with a mission. Thor reached out his arm, extending an offer of friendship to his brother and Loki readily accepted it. The two of them immediately began devising a plan to rescue you.

"I know where he resides" Loki asserted as he stepped out of the church doors, "we need to go to Asgard"

Instead of questioning Loki, Thor decides to follow him as they head towards the space outside the church. The place reserved for town picnics, where Tom introduced himself to you at your first Sunday service. He can still taste the cream from your cake when the memory of sucking it off your fingers floods his brain.

"Heimdall—call upon him Thor"

Loki and Thor stood side by side as Thor called up to the sky. Beseeching the All-seeing guardian to bring them forth to Asgard.

A dazzling radiance descended upon the two brothers, instantly transporting them to the golden dome of Asgard.

As soon as Heimdall laid eyes on Thor, his booming voice echoes in greeting, "Welcome back prince Thor" But then the focus of his attention shifts to Loki, and he glared at him intently.

The tension within the dome was unmistakable; Loki and Heimdall had not exactly gotten along during their last encounter, and the all-seeing guardian never forgets such unpleasantness, as infallible recall is one of his strengths.

To an almost possessive degree, Heimdall coiled his fists around the hilt of his massive sword. A weapon bestowed only to him that also serves as a powerful key to open the bridge of travel between Midgard and Asgard.