Chapter 2

After his sobs died out sleep still never came to Sirius and finnaly when two thirty am came round he gave up trying to fall asleep and crept towards the windowsill. He could hear the soft snores from the boys around him and knew to keep quiet. So he slowly propped himself up on the window ledge and looked out the window at the starry night sky. His hand still held the letter it was now scrunched up from his grip but he did not let go.

Each word on it felt like a thousand knifes peircing into his skin. They felt true and knowing that they came from his own mother they seemed more and more real. But one thing hung in the back of his mind, she mentioned she was ill and her days were numbered but if she was anything still like the mother who raised him she would not of mentioned it. Perhaps there was a part of her that wanted him to care to feel sorry for her. Maybe he should but he didn't.

Remus awoke at dawn, the time change between here and Romania meant that this was his usual awakening time. He began to get ready for the day when he spotted his favourite dark haired boy on the windowsill. Sirius' head was slowly flopping downards and then he awoke and rested his head up again only to fall back asleep and began to fall again.

Remus chuckled coming over. "Sirius" he said softly not to startle the boy. His eyes opened and he grinned at Remus "Moony" he replied sleepily. "You look exhausted get to bed" Remus replied unable to hide the chuckle in his voice.

In seconds Sirius jumped up. "I'm not tired at all" he chirped and then he grabbed the other boy's hand saying "Come on let's get some breakfast" and then dragged his down the stairs past the empty common room and to the Great hall.

There was bearly anyone there because of the early hour. There were two Slytherin's sipping coffee a group of Hufflepuff's spreading toast and creating the only noise in the large room, a couple of Ravenclaw's books already out as they scanned the pages with ease.

The two sat down on the empty Gryffindor table and Sirius grabbed some toast as Remus went for some tea. "You still have that letter you received last night in your hand" Remus commented and Sirius looked down not even realising it was still in his grip he pocketed it and sighed "It was my mother, she just needed to say some things" he told Remus. Remus took Sirius' hand in his and replied "I don't know what she said but if it's anything bad it's not true" he told the brunette.

The two finished off breakfast and went back to the common room. Sirius changed from the sweatshirt he had worn to breakfast to a Muggle ABBA shirt with a leather jacket and ripped jeans. Remus loved Sirius' punk rock style it made many people shocked but Sirius loved it so he did not care.

A groan was heard and the two boys turned to see that James was awakening. "Morning Sunshine" Sirius grinned coming right up to James face. James pushed him away and Sirius just laughed going to the bathroom to tie up his hair into a little man bun but he still let half his hair lay at his shoulders.

James awoke and so did Peter the two of them went down for breakfast as Remus and Sirius went to the lake.

They found there favourite tree and Sirius climbed in and layed in the branches and Remus sat by the trunk. It was just silent until Remus heard small snores. He climbed the tree and found Sirius asleep. He smiled. Sirius looked so calm asleep and he almost dared not wake him. "Sirius, Pads" he hummed and Sirius awoke. "Come on do you want to go back to the dorms" he asked. Sirius jumped down his change of energy surprising but yet he still looked sleepy. "No I'm fine moons I just needed to rest my eyes" he replied.

Remus sat back down by the trunk and Sirius sat himeself down on Remus' lap. Remus began to play with the smaller boys hair and it was just silent. As much as Sirius tried he could not stay away from the unstopping pull of sleep and soon one again he fell asleep.

Remus soon realised his boyfriend was asleep yet again and picked him up holding him bridal style and began walking to the common room. On the way he passed many curious and confused students and one just humoured McGonagall who just chuckled and said "Good to see you Mr Lupin and you two Mr black" but obviously only got a reply from one.

Remus brought Sirius to the dorm and laid him in his bed. He pulled the covers over the other boy and kissed his forehead before departing.

Remus found his way to the library and James found himself with Lily in the common room and Peter was on the grounds with Marlene.

And then there were two professors. McGonagall and Dumbledore. "I win the bet" she said as they flung out of the pensive after seeing her recent memory. "That's no proof if you would fall asleep or pass out I would help you up" Dumbledore replied. "There in love, and I'm right" McGonagall said back. "No I bet not, but they would make a cute couple" Dumbledore grinned. "I think we should just ask them at this point" McGonagall sighed. "What's the fun in that" Dumbledore chuckled and did again as McGonagall left his office shaking her head from side to side.