Chapter 4 ( Pink's Pets)

Blue Diamond's POV

Earth does have one impressive ocean, I'll give the planet that. It nearly dragged me into its depths with a force I'd never felt before. So that's what it's like to feel powerless against something much bigger than yourself...

This liquid...or water as they call it, wasn't like the liquids back at home. For one I'd actually have to put in the effort to dry my robes. I tossed my hair, it was soaked and obscuring my vision as I rose from the waves. I looked around slightly, I couldn't see Pink's new home. How far out was I? I wondered before backing up slightly but gasped when I bumped into something firm and cold. Turning around completely, I was alarmed to find another one of those humans staring back at me on his tiny little ship. It almost seemed like a toy I'd play with in my extraction pool. He seemed awestruck, a very common reaction. Lower life forms did tend to worship us. How couldn't they with how insignificant they were in comparison? They definitely don't all look the same, not like our gems. He was much different from the other humans I met visiting Pink's Palenquinn or the ones in the zoo.

Though he could have been a wild human. I wasn't sure if I should speak to it or if it would even understand a single word I said. I towered over it and its little ship, a shadow looming over like a cloud while I dripped droplets of water down upon it, soaking the human even more. It stared at me for a moment with  (eye color) eye before its expression suddenly changed and its brows furrowed with anger. It was almost jarring seeing such a creature express emotion.

(Y/N): Great! All that time and work wasted. You scared all the fish lady!

What in the universe was it babbling on about? How dare it speak to me in such a tone!

Blue Diamond: Such a rude thing you are. Are you another one of Pink's pets? She can't seem to stop collecting you it seems.

I said before reaching a hand out but drawing it back quickly when I realized that I had no idea where this human has been. As I retreated, he threw something at my finger. Some rounded rectangular metal thing, the same as what that rogue Peridot threw at me in our earlier battle. It bounced off of my finger pathetically and landed back in the boat with a clank.

(Y/N): Who are you calling a pet?!

Its anger only seemed to grow. I guess I can see why Pink was so fascinated by these creatures. They are entertaining and yet even with a zoo full of them, I've never actually learned much about them but what is there to know. Such poor pathetic creatures. I'm still confused about how they managed to survive this long.

(Y/N): Are you listening to me? Who are you even supposed to be anyway some sort of ocean goddess?

Blue Diamond: A Goddess? I am Blue Diamond. One of the 4 rulers of the great diamond authority. You will address me as "My Diamond."

I can't believe I have to introduce and explain myself to this thing. It feels so odd, my Pearl usually does that for me.

(Y/N): Ok, I don't think you know who you're talking to or where you are so I'm gonna choose to ignore the last part of your sentence for your own sake.

Blue Diamond: You dare threaten a Diamond?

I said sternly, my gaze piercing through the human but he didn't let up and shot his own stern gaze back at me. I was amused and shocked that such a creature had the audacity to speak in such a way toward me. Had it been a gem, they wouldn't even think to do so, not unless they wanted to be shattered. However, I felt myself wanting to respond with what felt right to me but seeing as how Pink is so fond of these creatures, I knew she wouldn't approve if I were to act against them negatively. I didn't want to do anything that would upset her or worse, drive her away if she found out, not after we just got her back. This could be her "special" little human "friend" for all I knew. What was even more difficult was the fact that I held my tongue and it hurt inside not being able to do as I wish. Instead, I managed to crack out a fake smile and feign kindness.

Blue Diamond: I didn't expect to find a human all the way out here.

I said, struggling to keep a straight face.

(Y/N): This is my special fishing spot. The ocean near Beach City is really rich.

Beach City? Was that the name of Pink's little home? Speaking of which, I had no idea which direction would take me back to the others. Looking about, I couldn't see anything for miles, just more and more glistening ocean.

Blue Diamond: And which direction would this "Beach City" be?

(Y/N): Don't tell me someone as big as you is lost? Can't you just see it from here?

Blue Diamond: I'm not familiar with this planet. 

(Y/N): This planet? You really are an alien...

It mumbled to itself.

(Y/N): It's over there, your royal Blueness.

I could tell it was teasing me sourly as it pointed into the distance.

(Y/n): Guess I'm going with you. I need to port and toss out all of this water from my deck. Thanks for nearly sinking me by the way.

It said as it glared my way. I ignored it and moved as fast as I could towards land. I've had enough of the ocean and humans for one day. I gripped my robes, moving them from my feet to make the walk less of a drag. I could have easily gotten miles ahead of that human and yet I could still hear the roaring sound of a treading ship following me closely from behind.