Chapter 2 ( Morning Maritime )

Third Person P.O.V.

Hours prior to Garnet's wedding crash....

 In the early hours of the day, a local fisherman is preparing to go out for today's catch. Like any experienced fisher would advise, always be up earlier than even the earliest of the early birds so not even they can take the best fishing spots, or at least that's what you say to someone planning to go to a lake. (Y/n) on the other hand was setting his eyes on the ocean, an endless body of water so vast that you can share it with just about every fisherman on the isle and never see any of them within miles of each other.

(Y/n) belonged to an isle of fishermen and boaters. Despite being rather small and underpopulated, they had one of the most major ports in the area, particularly near Beach City. The sun had not yet peeked above the sky when (Y/n) went out onto the docks preparing to take his boat out while the entire isle was fast asleep, being slightly rocked by the gentle waves that created a natural lullaby throughout the town. 

The sea was like a second home in his mind and his knowledge of luring and ocean life made him a near professional in his line of work. There wasn't much that interested (Y/n), he was often described by others as having a one track mind and being a rather blunt and honest speaker. In comparison with life on the isle, he and the towns people could almost be similar to pirates but they were more refined than that and instead of plundering chests full of gold or seeking a life of dangerous swashbuckling adventures, he plundered fish so valuable that you could sell the tiniest sliver of it for $20 at a sushi bar. However, much like many pirates in well known stories, he loved coming up with a sea shanty or two, such a thing was important to have to keep your mind occupied...well...that and the dolphins that constantly sought attention from passing boats.

It wouldn't be long before the port would be crowded and busy with sailors, anglers and merchants so after about 10 minutes of stocking his boat with much needed supplies, (Y/n) wasted no time loosening the sails on his moderately sized fishing boat. He rarely ever steered his boat and would let the current take him in any random direction until the winds picked up later but today, (Y/n) would be heading a bit closer to his lucky spot near Beach City. There a particular area that was ideal if you are expecting a big catch The tides there were very predictable, the weather majority of the year was well over pleasurable and the fish there was overly abundant. (Y/n) took to the helm of the boat, steering it full speed ahead. If he kept his pace, he could arrive near Beach City within 2 hours or so.

Time skip....

By the time (Y/n) arrived to his lotion, the Sun was high in the sky and set out to work to tan (Y/n) sensitively pale skin, much to his annoyance. He took pleasure in the cool breeze blowing across his face and through his hair with the strong salty air coursing throughout his nose. Dawning a pair of sunglasses, (Y/n) was getting into predatory mode the moment his nautical chart and compass indicated he was in the right pace. Almost immediately, (Y/n) spotted a large dark cluster a few feet in front of him. It was a large school of fish. Even if it were anything else, the circling seagulls above told another story. Upon closer inspection, (Y/n) could see that the fish were also jumping out of the water which told him there was something below that was after them. (Y/n) knew that he had to get into action quick, with the fish so riled up, that meant that dolphins were most likely descending on the school of fish already. While not a complete annoyance, this particular pod of dolphins took a liking to (Y/n) due to his constant visits near their home. Their presence gave (Y/n) an advantage as they sometimes worked together to catch fish, although they were mischievous and would eat some of (Y/n)'s catch that he was reeling. Other times they wanted to play with him with great levels of determination they often attempted to push him out of his boat and into the water but at least they kept the sharks away most of the time.

However, dolphins weren't the only problem. No doubt sharks and whales would be attracted to the activity and would be coming far and wide to dine on the school of fish. (Y/n) didn't like being around whales of such large scale in such a small boat and sharks often came in groups that would devour the school of fish long before he had made today's quota or interfere with his angler lines. Regardless, (Y/n) set out to do his back breaking work no matter what and would stay out all day if he had to. 

Half a day later....

 The sun was starting to set on the horizon, which was (Y/n)'s favorite time of day away from the heat of the sun. He was glad the day was coming to an end as the dolphins were starting to wear his patience thin. Not long after (Y/n) arrived hours earlier the dolphins showed their true colors. Before noticing (Y/n) they swam over frantically and began leaping out of the water and swarming his boat with sheer joy. (Y/n) on the other hand was more aggravated than happy to see them. They squeaked and creaked loudly and squirted him with water from their mouths, cackling in a way that sounded like they were laughing at him.

(Y/n): Come on you guys there's an all you can eat buffet in front of you, go bother that. Your even more annoying than the gulls.

(Y/n) said, trying to shoo them away but his actions of dismissals amused them more than drive them away as they practically ignored his words.

(Y/n): -_- I know you guys understand me. Your supposed to be smart.

In an annoyed voice, (Y/n) gave up on trying to drive the dolphins away and got back to monitoring his nets when he looked up at the sky and saw an unfamiliar sight. Maybe it was a combination of being out to sea for long periods time and his occasional indulgence of sea water but somewhere along the lines, (Y/n) thought he saw two giant arms flying over head, one yellow and one blue. (Y/n) closed his eyes for a few seconds and opened them again to scan the sky's for either skepticism or reassurance but just as quickly as they had come, the strange hands were gone. Nothing but the beaming light of the sun blinded his eyes, causing him to blink rapidly.

(Y/n): D-did you guys see that?

(Y/n) unconsciously asked the dolphins who were now suspiciously quiet as they stared back at him with black beady eyes and blank expressions from their normal playful faces.