Chap 4: Purple x Needle-filled x Creep

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

They were right about the difficulty of this phase, however, instead of blasting through it, they felt a need to stay behind.
Why?

They didn't know, truthfully, but right now they were curious to talk to this Satotz guy.
They just really liked him, he seemed interesting.

So they weaved their way to the front, being careful not to disturb anyone for fear of a ruckus.
But that was very hard, considering that everyone here was adamant on covering every square inch of the ground with their bodies.

Some lay passed out -already- on the ground while others stood elbow to elbow while running for some reason.

We have space people, use it.

While desperately trying to avoid the sweaty background characters that both laid and stood around them, Y/N did exactly what they didn't want to do.
They bumped into someone.

And he was freaky too.

Too tall for his own good stood a purple-skinned man with more than a few sharp-looking golden needles stuck firmly into his skin.
Holy shit this guy was creepy as hell.

His gaze felt far too imploring and he had to slightly lean to even see Y/N, which only added to his oppressive posture.

Oh my god. And he rattled when he ran.
Like a lot.

His indented cheekbones shifted as he began to speak. Voice echoing somehow back into his own words.

"You really should watch where you're going."
His blood-red eyes squinted, it was amazing that they even could with how they already seemed closed. But what made it worse was when he coughed out something similar to a chuckle.

"Yeah..."
And for whatever god-awful reason, Y/N suddenly peeked into his eyes.

This fucking guy.
There is so much to unpack.
Y/N saw an altered altered appearance -perhaps him?-, too much blood for one man to ever experience, and a family that wasn't quite what it cracked up to be.

Y/N almost felt bad for the guy.

But suddenly they remembered their task.
They pinched themself in the arm, distracting themself enough to take them out of the strong trance the colossal man's eyes just put them in and rapidly speed away.

"My apologies!"
They spoke up, just loud enough that they could tell the freak of nature heard them.

♧ ♢ ♤ ♡

Y/N finally stood -or rather, ran- in their place next to Satotz, who didn't notice them at first.

"Oi Satotz!"
The mentioned man glanced over, eyebrows raising in almost unnoticeable surprise.
"Yes?"
"How do you walk so fast? Why does it seem like your legs grow only when you step? Is it nen related? Did you dye your hair? How small is your mouth?"

The onslaught of questions caused Satotz to slow, only slightly, before continuing again, his moustache twitching rapidly as he quickfire answered each question.

"Just do. They do. Yes. No. Average sized, why?"
"Mm. Goodbye."
Y/N accelerated ahead, touching the staircase then exerting more of their stamina to climb the stairs.

In the end, Y/N had gone much too far ahead and ended up right at the end of the phase where the door, same as the first, wasn't open.

They hankered down, quietly shuffling into a comfortable position, then waited.

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡