Chap 5: Their x Nice x Nap...

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

Y/N had... fallen asleep.

Suffice to say, it was alarming when they had woken up to steps echoing through the tunnel and the door they had taken to leaning on began to gradually open.

They leaned forward -as to not crack their skull- and watched, sleepily, as groups of applicants raced towards them.
Including that green boy, accompanied by some other kid next to him.
Not far from them was the weird card suit adorned pinkie and the purple mohawked weirdo.
-They were together.. do they know each other? Somehow that makes this even worse.-

Satotz easily stopped right in the middle of the door, making himself the centre of attention. He turned his head, his body following but at a slower pace.
He was seeking to count out how many applicants his phase had harboured.
Instead, just as his head was almost fully turned, a strong gust of wind blew as two children flew by him.

"Goal!"
Rang out simultaneously between the two as they raised their fists and skidded to a stop right behind the tall figure.
They began to debate, happily, on the spot in which they landed, but the green haired one seemed to notice Y/N behind his friend.

"Oh! Hey! You're the one that Leorio yelled at right? Wow you got here fast!! Which one of us was fastest??"

"You got here at the same time."
Satotz, who stood now facing them, agreed with a nod that they all somehow saw even though their attention was away from him.

"Oh. Hmmm. How 'bout I buy you dinner you buy me dinner? Okay?"
"Huh?"

But even though his new friend was imploring, the greenie looked away and began to pester
Y/N
"So what's your name? Did you say you were 19? That's so cool."
"It's Y/N. Yes I am 19. Thank you, I suppose."
"I'm Gon, this is Killua! We're both 12 and me and him are friends now!"

The boy smiled widely towards his white headed friend and watched as he averted his gaze, crossing his arms.
"Gonnn. shut up!!"
The one named Killua whined out.
It seemed he was trying to impress the older and Gon ruined it for him, immediately.

Though, the older truly didn't care.

"Cool."
They answered, same stoic tone as always.
And again Gon let his over-excitement take the helm and he quickly gave up on that conversation to question Satotz, just like Y/N had done before.
"So.. is the phase over? That was quick. Killua says it was boring.."
"Gon!"

♧ ♢ ♤ ♡

Many more arrived, their breathing laboured and their stamina severely shaken.
Upon them was the blondie and the old suitcase bearing man -who didn't have the case at all.-
"Kurapika! You made it!! And Leorio too!"
Gon yelled out to them now sitting peacefully on the ground next to Kurapika and near to
Y/N, who leaned against the wall behind them, close, but not too close.

"This is Y/N."
He gestured as he scooted around on the floor.
Y/N didn't understand how his clothes weren't dirty as all hell with all the lingering he did towards the ground.

"Mm. I'm Kurapika. This ill mannered hooligan, which I'm sure you'll have remembered, is called Leorio."
"Who am I remembering?"

Now, Y/N was lying. They just didn't like the presumption that they would've remembered the stupid man who made no difference in their life, so they said what they thought would anger said man. And it did.

"Whaddya mean you don't remember??
You scared away my source for a drink. Purposely."
He leaned forward, his stance taking something of an intimidation route, which...didn't really do anything.
But Y/N did get a little peek in his eyes and.. they felt a little bad.

Maybe they'll treat him just a little bit nicer.

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

(Im going straight 4 the vibe of kid that has a crush on someone older than them,, ifykwim cause they r still kids no matter what crazy shit happens 2 them.)