ABH (Old Version)

CHAPTER 1: Trip

3rd Person POV December 26th

"Come on guys! Let's go!" A man shouts loudly from the base of the staircase, a newspaper rolled tightly in his right hand.

A little girl grumbles as she rolls out of bed. Glancing tiredly at the clock sitting by the bed. 4:42 am. She runs to the bathroom, brushing her teeth and throwing on some clothes. Throwing a backpack on her shoulder and grabbing her suitcase as she sprints down the stairs.

She walks into the brightly light kitchen, a warm yellow glow filling the space. A man wearing jeans and a three quarter zip is standing there, tapping his foot with a newspaper underneath his arm as he stares at his phone, lifting his glaces up off of his nose to do so. A women is sitting on the bench beside the table, typing rapidly, the bright white glow of her computer reflecting in her glasses.

"Where's your brother?" the man grumbles, still staring at his phone.

"Coming" A groggy voice calls out, being drowned out by the sound of heavy footsteps on creaky old stairs. A teen boy saunters into the room, crashing into a kitchen chair, earning a loud creak.

"Finally!" the man exclaims, "Ok, Felix is in the crate, and I've communicated with the sitters. Let's get a move on folks," he continues, clapping his hands together before picking up his laptop bag and throwing a duffle over his sholder

"Right, let's go," the lady says, shutting her laptop, "The Lyft is here."

Everyone grabs their bags as they step out into chilly late December air. They walk towards the car, the sound of rollaboards against pavement filling the silence. They throw their bags into the trunk and slide into the car

~~~~~

The young girl slumps in her seat, staring out the airport window. Her fingers tapping out a benign pattern as music blares in her headphones. She glances towards her brother, earbuds in, probably scrolling through tiktok or instagram. Her mom had left to go buy some coffee despite the fact that she was awake at this hour every morning. Her dad was leaning back in his chair, his phone unusually close to his face as he lifted up his glasses to check on his fantasy football team.

After what feels like forever, the flight attendants voice fills the air, and they all grab their things, moving to board the plane. The teen slides into the window seat, now watching some obscure show, probably Law and Order, while the girl takes the middle seat and their dad takes the aisle. Their mom sits in the opposing aisle seat, computer already out. As the plane starts to take off young girl gives in to sleep. The time now reading, 6:48 am.

A little while later Quin wakes up, groggily looking around her. Her Dad is reading the newspaper, the annoying glow of his reading light prevent her from going back to sleep. Hunter was staring at his switch, playing some sort of video game. Her mom was, as expected, typing away on her computer. Quin pulls out her iPad with a sigh. It would have been so much nicer to go back to sleep. She starts to scroll though all her downloaded movies. Most of them were marvel. Iron Man 2 she decides. She always liked Black Widow better in the Winter Soldier but that didn't have Iron Man.

"Going back to the classics I see," Hunter says with a smirk, having taken a break from his game to watch

"Shut up!" Quin says with a laugh, turning to look at him briefly.

"Whatever Binny" he jokes. Using one of his favorite nicknames for her.

CHAPTER 2: Grandparents' house

3rd Person POV December 26th

As the car pulls up to the house, a golden retriever comes sprinting out to greet them, followed by a woman.