Let's Go!

"Ah. Professor Oak. Professor Cerise. These are my sons," Father intoduced as soon as we entered the academy ballroom.

"Since when was there a ballroom?" I whispered.

"No clue," Jake muttered, taking his arm from around me to give me some freedom.

"This is my oldest, Jake."

" 'Sup," Jake greeted.

"And that is my youngest, Mikey." I waved with a shy smile. Jake didn't move from my side, yet, and that made me curious.

"It's a pleasure to meet you two. I'm Professor Cerise, and this is my daughter, Chloe; her pokemon, Yamper and Eevee; her friend, Goh; and his pokemon, Scorbunny."

"How do you children do? My name is Professor Oak, and this young lad that I brought with me from Palletown is Ash Ketchum. He's a pokemon enthusiast and hopes to be a pokemon master one day. That's his Pikachu." The kid in the red baseball cap smiled, teeth and all. I guess the kids are the reason Jake was staying close by.

"Pokemon lover, huh? You and Mikey would get along nicely," Dad laughed. Jake glared at him, returning his arm over my shoulders. Ash and the other two sweat-dropped. Father noticed. "Oh, please don't let Jake intimidate you. He's just protctive is all. He won't bite, right, Son?"

"No, but Jolteon does. And it's a real stinger, too. Huh, Jolteon?" The electric-type pokemon growled, startling them. Suddenly, after he was satisfied, he sat like a good boy and licked his chops.

"What a pun," I mumbled.

"I couldn't quite catch that, Mikey. You wanna repeat that?" I rolled my eyes but stayed silent. "Thought so."

"I'm going to ride Rapidash," I claimed, pulling out of Jake's hold.

"Wait! Can I go, too, Professor Oak? Can I? Can I? Can I?" Ash shouted, begging.

"He can go. I have plenty for them all to go on a ride. How about we all take a ride?" Father suggested. I sighed.

"How fun," I whispered. Jake patted my back while laughing like this was all a joke.

"Let's go!" Goh hollered. "I've never been on a Rapidash before," he gushed.

"Really? Well, now, I hope you're not disappointed. Although, we won't go running just yet. Not until you are all comfortable and ready enough to, that is. You are staying for three months, am I right? You'll have plenty of riding time."

"What did he just say?" I asked Jake. "How long are they staying?" It took Jake a minute to register the conversation.

"I'm baby-sitting four ten-year-olds for three months?" Jake exclaimed in astonishment.

"I hope you don't mind, Jake, but I'm putting you in charge. You are fifteen."

"Absolutely not. No way," Jake denied.

"I'm leaving on that note," I said, leaving the room. Three months? Was that man crazy? We barely tolerate each other let alone other people. What was he thinking? Where were they even going to stay? Better not be with us. I scoffed at the thought. That's a disaster just waiting to happen.