Potential.

"You guys are going pokemon hunting! I wanna go! Can I please?" Ash exclaimed. They've only been here a day, and I already wanted to get rid of them.

"I don't see why not," Father agreed.

"Don't just go assuming we'll take them every time they ask, Father," Jake scoffed. Jolteon yawned at our feet before licking Cubchoo's cheek. Jake played with his food just as much as I did, and I noticed he designed his meal to look like Jolteon.

"Jake," Father sighed. "You're doing it again."

"Crap," Jake mumbled. It looked like a masterpiece with pulled pork, mashed potatoes, corn, and beans, though. I snapped a photo of it because let's face it: I can. The researchers chuckled as Jake put me in a headlock. "Delete it."

"It's going on your scrapbook." It was silent while I posted it on his social page, and he tried to punt me out of the front door. Dad held him back, forcing him back into his seat. Jake just sat there with a pout.

"You two are crazy," Dad grumbled, also sitting back down. "Wait..." Everyone stared directly at me. "How do you have his social account?" I chuckled.

"I'm the only one who knows his password. I created the account so he could keep it safe. That way no one is poking their noses where they don't belong."

"Good grief. Are you okay with that?"

"Kinda. It was my bright idea to let him create the password anyway. Even I don't know what it is," Jake confessed. Shocked faces went around the table.

"Wha...but isn't it your account?" Goh asked.

"Yeah, but it's safer this way."

"How do you log in on your own phone?" Ash asked.

"Begs and pleads," I answered with a straight face, and Jake returned to strangling me.

"Anyways. As for what you two plan on doing," Dad cleared his throat. We looked over at him. "I would have said no, however, that was the sole reason these children came to the Sylah Region. Although we just have a mix of everyone else's pokemon, I'm sure you'll find it a nice stay and a pleasant experience."

"I'm sure they will Doctor Aceton," Professor Oak smiled.

"Speaking of. Are you taking You-Know-Who, Jake?" I asked. Jake nodded and disappeared from the table. A few minutes later, he came back with the injured pokemon him and his friends were talking about in private yesterday. It was a little Eevee that had been injured in the woods a while back, and the boys had been taking care of it. Jake knelt down, and Jolteon gently licked the little guy.

"Where did you find that little guy?" Mr. Oak questioned as he came and examined the pokemon.

"I didn't wanna scare him, so I took care of him one day at a time. He was far worse when I met him," Jake explained. He smiled proudly, and I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "He's a real fighter. He has the potential to become an awesome partner." Eevee's ear twitched in his sleep. "What do you say, Jolteon? He up for the challenge in your opinion?"

"Jolt!" Jolteon said in determination and nodded simultaneously.

"You two have quite the connection," Cerise commented. Jake pet Jolteon's head while looking at the man with cautious eyes. Jake handed Eevee to me, and Jolteon jumped, having Jake catch him in his arms.

"You think so?" Jake asked.

"I do," Cerise smiled.