Chapter 3 (rushed sorry)

You walked up the creaky wooden stairs, not bothering to grab onto the loose, rustic-looking grey handle running along the side of the stairs. As soon as you reached the top, you took out a cutting board and a knife.

"Please, do have a seat. Your legs will get tired," you told him across the room.

"Of course. Although, may I ask what you are making?

While slicing a fresh fish and tossing it with salt and minced lamp grass, you turned around.

"You'll need to figure that out once it's done!"

"As you say," Albedo responded, being alright with the situation.

How nice of ______ to cook for me. How peculiar, yet kind.

Cutting the fish into thick slices, you lit a small flame on the large fireplace, placing a tray of metal bars, then a frying pan on top. You grabbed a stick of butter and let it rest on the pan, allowing it to melt then sizzle along with the fish being lowered in the butter. Using the melted butter and the fish juices, you took a spoon and carried the juice from the bottom of the pan to the top of the fish to make it extra crispy yet flavorful, then turning the fish over for an even browning. Placing extra lamp grass next to the fish giving the greens flavor, the dish now only needed to be served on a plate.

The dreamy and heavenly woodland smell of burning wood and melted butter filled the small cabin of a flower shop.

Walking over to Albedo, who, as antisocial and poker-faced as he was, seemed to admire the simple act of care you performed, almost excited looking.

"Here you go, Albedo. I do hope you enjoy."