A weekover (Part 1)

The next day when Clover handed in their assignment, they unfortunately failed. Clover wasn't good at magic, even though he studied hard. Licorice stared at the F in silence. Clover thought he was gonna snap at him again. "I'm sorry, I really tried..." Clover mumbled, but instead of Licorice snapping at him, he hugged him. Clover was speechless. "I don't care that we failed, just... thank you" Licorice sounded like he wanted to cry, which he did. "You're welcome I guess..." Clover said, patting his back. Even though Licorice thanked him, Clover still felt like it wasn't enough. Instead, he felt like he let him down. The only reason he agreed to do the assignment himself was because Licorice was so stressed all the time, and because he failed, he felt terrible about it.

Clover slumped all the way to his locker that day. As he was putting away his things, he felt a really hard punch on his back. "Hey kiddo!" shouted Chili Pepper. "Ow! Why'd you punch my BACK for!?" Clover exclaimed. "Because I couldn't reach your arms,  they're in the locker. Anyways, wussup?" she grinned. "Oh, nothing. I'm just not in a good mood right now" Clover sighed. "What is it? Is it the emo again?" Chili Pepper asked. "Not really, I mean it sorta has something to do with him, but he didn't do anything to me. I tried to do the magic assignment myself for him, but I failed... and I feel like I failed him" Clover explained. "So? Why do you care if you failed him, he was rude to ya" Chili Pepper said. "You wouldn't understand" Clover said, taking out his things. "Well, sorry I'm not a nerd who understands everything" Chili Pepper chuckled. "But hey, tomorrow's the weekend. How 'bout we do something fun later today to take your mind off of it?"

"I could use some fun, sure! But what exactly are we going to do?" Clover asked. "Eh, I haven't thought it over. Maybe I will later" Chili Pepper said. "But hey, I'll talk to you later, cya kiddo!" and in a blink of an eye, she was gone. So, what to do exactly... Clover thought, wandering to class. "Hello, Clover Cookie" said a voice behind him. He turned to see Pomegranate Cookie. "Oh, Pomegranate, I didn't know you came here" Clover said, turning to her. "Of course I do, who else is going to keep an eye on that reckless brother of mine? Also, you never noticed my presence here? I've been going here for a year now" Pomegranate said. Clover thought about it. "I... guess I saw you at that... uh... cheerleading practice...?" Clover shrugged. "That wasn't me, cheerleading is for the ignorant... anyways, I've come to ask if you're free at all this weekend. You see, it gets a little... tedious back at home, so I thought it would be nice to invite a little confidant. Well?"

Clover thought it over. "Well, I'd love to, but didn't your mom say she doesn't like guests?" Clover asked. "Oh, I see you've encountered her. Don't fret, when I bring guests, it's a different story" Pomegranate said. Pomegranate held out her hand to him to see if it was a deal, then Clover said "alright, I'll go, but can I bring a friend?" Pomegranate nodded. They shook on it. "Thanks!" he smiled. "I'll be waiting for you two next to the front exit, DON'T disappoint me" she said, walking off. "I won't, pr-promise!" he shouted out to her. In class, Clover whispered to Chili Pepper "I found out what we're doing this weekend". He watched as her eyes lit up "Alrighty, what we doing, kiddo?" she whispered back. "Well, uh, you know Licorice, right?" he whispered. "Emo boy? What about him?" she whispered.

"Well, he's got this sister, named Pomegranate, she's inviting me to their house"

"He's got a sister? Surprised he's got any siblings. I thought they all might've died from his misery"

"Okay then... but she's letting me invite a friend, so do you wanna go?"

"Eh, dunno, if emo boy's in it, I'm not sure"

"C'mon please? I don't wanna let her down"

"Alright, I'll do it for you, kiddo"

It was a deal and after school, they went to meet Pomegranate. "So why did you agree to go with this 'pomegranate lady'? You ain't crushing on her, are ya?" Chili Pepper asked. "What? No! I'm doing it because I feel like it would be rude to not go" Clover protested. "'Kay, whatever you say, kiddo" she smirked. When they got to the door, Pomegranate was reading some sort of book. Clover cleared his throat to get her attention. "Oh, hello Clover Cookie. I see you didn't let me down. I'm actually impressed" she said, looking up. "Hello... you" she glared at Chili Pepper. Chili Pepper raised an eyebrow, concerned. "Yep, heh, her. My good friend" Clover said, putting his arm around Chili Pepper's shoulder. "I see... well then, come now" Pomegranate started walking off. The both of them followed her. Clover could see Chili Pepper was getting a bit hesitant about this idea.