5

It had been 2 weeks since the Halloween party and Chris kissing me. I haven't seen him in the coffee shop since so I knew it was all over for Chris and I before it even started. One of us had ruined it and I was sure it was me since I kissed him back. I knew he kissed me first but I enjoyed it and kept it going. I looked at the sound people setting up the mics and keyboard and I groaned at Gemma.

"Why are we doing an open mic night again?" I asked and she groaned.
"To get more customers." Gemma said and I groaned going to head to the back.

"I am going to pay some bills." I said and I heard the door open.

"Is Quinn here?" I heard someone ask before I got too far and I turned around to see Tara standing at the counter.

"Tara? What's up." I said smiling and walking up to her.

"Hey, have you seen Chris?" She asked and Gemma gasped.

"Have you been seeing Chris Evans?!" She said and I groaned.

"Not now Gemma." I said and she groaned. I turned back to Tara.

"No, not since the Halloween party. Why?" I asked. She groaned.

"So he hasn't been by here?" Tara asked.

"No, not that I am aware of. Gemma, have you seen him?" I asked.

"Now you want to hear from me?" Gemma said and I groaned and just looked at her.

"No, I haven't seen him." Gemma then answered.

"Tara, what is going on?" I asked and she sighed.

"He called his mom and me the other day saying he was planning something big and to be here tonight." Tara said and then looked around and saw the mics and everything getting set up.

"Tara, I have no clue what is happening. I mean if he planned something here I don't know about it and I own this place. I think he is just messing with you guys." I said and she sighed.

"I don't know. Me and his mom will be here tonight to make sure he doesn't do anything crazy." Tara said and I looked at her shocked.

"Tara, what do you think he is going to do? He isn't crazy." I said and Tara shook her head.

"He is crazy about you." Tara said and I shook my head. I walked around the counter and pulled her off to the side out of earshot of Gemma.

"The night of your party he brought me back to my car and kissed me. I enjoyed it, I did but then we broke apart and he left and I haven't heard from him since. I don't have time to play games Tara, I am trying to run my own business." I said and she groaned.

"Listen, I knew about the kiss. He talked to me about it and I already called him an idiot for leaving you but I didn't know he hadn't talk to you since. Like I said he hasn't talked to anyone much except saying to come here tonight." Tara said.

"Then I guess just come and enjoy the show." I said and gave a small laugh. I went to walk away.

"Quinn." Tara said stopping me and I turned to look at her.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you have feelings for him?" Tara asked.

"I was starting to." I said and walked away as she smiled.

"You want something to go?" I asked and she nodded and walked to the counter and ordered her drink. Once I made her drink she left and Gemma came rushing over to me.

"Okay, you need to tell me what is going on with you and Chris." Gemma said and I groaned. I explained to her about his late night or early morning visits to the coffee shop and then I informed her about the Halloween party and what happened when he dropped me off at my car.