prologue

Snow fell in sheets, the wind seemed to howl loudly against their ears as they huddled together for warmth

Snow fell in sheets, the wind seemed to howl loudly against their ears as they huddled together for warmth. The cool metal bench under them offered no protection from the rising snow levels. They relied on each other to make it through the night. Even after only knowing each other for a few weeks, they had little to no choice but to join together. Being alone would only sign their live's away.

One the age of five, and the other twelve, both not ready to face this world alone.

But alas, the world was not that kind. Especially to those who have been pushed aside.

They didn't even believe they'd make it through the harsh winter. The cold only seemed to drill into their bones and freeze them from the inside out. Their noses were permanently stained red. Even if tears swelled in their eyes, it would just freeze into a crystal.

Not even the weather seemed to care for them. They began to lose hope in being saved.

Until one day, he appeared.

--------------------

L/n Jiro was a very soft-spoken male. Being a writer and cafe owner only seemed to add to his charm. Even through the blizzard, the snow seemed to make way for him. His [hair color/texture] and warm [color] eyes contrasted the blanket of white around him. There wasn't a soul in all of Japan who wasn't familiar with his gentle smile. Well except maybe two.

A bundle of flowers rested tucked away under his arm. The freshly bloomed petals gave soft kisses to his warm coat. A silent tune emitted from his lips as he hummed to himself. It was a joyous day, with the falling snow more people found themselves bundled inside his coffee shop. Jiro was even gifted an arrangement of flowers despite the weather frowning upon their growth. 

With a skip in his step, he made the short journey back to his cafe. He would hate leaving his workers alone to handle rush hour, especially seeing how they were opening for a little longer than usual.

Suddenly, his humming ceased to a halt. His feet hesitated for a moment before coming to a complete stop. "Is someone crying?" He mumbled to himself unsurely. The sound of sniffling wasn't very loud, it was so quiet he doubted anyone else would've heard it. His eyes began to sweep the area for the source, only to find two small figures bundled up on a bench not too far away. Cocking his head to the side, he slowly approached them.

Squatting down in front of the two, he held out two flowers. A gentle smiled blossomed on his face as he made eyecontact. "Hello, are you both alright?"

 "Hello, are you both alright?"

Here we go again 🥱

warning there might be spoilers, no sexual comments, no hate comments, join my cult, and people will be out of character. Read my other stories please and thank you and let's continue onto the next chapter! Woo! :D