flower 6

"Oh, the weather outside is frightfulBut the fire is so delightfulAnd since we've no place to goLet it snow, let it snow, let it snow

But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Man it doesn't show signs of stoppin'
And I brought me some corn for poppin'
The lights are turned way down low
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

When we finally kiss good-night
How I'll hate going out in the storm
But if you really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm..."

The delicate sound of Christmas music drifted down the lone hallway. The bitter cold remained locked outside the brick walls as the heater blared on full blast. A hint of gingerbread and cinnamon roamed freely around the kitchen.

As long last, Christmas has finally arrived. 

It has been two months since their initial meeting, and a little over a month since they moved in. Even with the confusing adjustments and unanswered questions, there was still much to celebrate. 

While the holiday season was upon them, Tenko and Touya weren't really expecting anything when they woke up that morning. It wasn't hard to see that Jiro had some money issues since he hasn't been keeping up with his deadlines. The amount he did manage to gain was all spent on food and clothing for them. 

You could only imagine the look of shock on their faces when they were welcomed with a small number of presents under the tree. Even if it was only a few, it was more than enough for both of them to grow tears in their eyes. 

Large smiles grew on their faces as they rushed towards the brightly decorated Christmas tree. The phone in Jiro's hand was just quick enough to catch the childish wonder in their eyes.

--------------------

A loud yawn passed through Jiro's lips. Never in his life did he believe he would be decorating a Christmas tree at four in the morning, but here he was! Eye bags so dark they could pass as designer. But for some reason the lack of sleep didn't bother him. Not in the least.

In fact, he could barely contain his excitement as he looked at all the gifts he tucked away. He had to admit he wasn't completely thrilled about not being able to spoil them the way he wants, but there was only so much he could handle on such a short budget. Hopefully it would bring a smile to their faces, that is all he wanted.

--------------------

After a second of just standing in awe at the huge tree in front of them, the two wasted no time as they charged to their presents. Tenko was the first one to begin ripping open the wrapping paper. This action alone was enough to make Touya pause for a second. It just hit him; how much they've changed. Before Tenko would think twice before touching something, but now he doesn't even hesitate. Even he changed, he used to always be on edge and push himself to the fullest just in hopes for a shred of validation. Yet now he could do what seemed like the bare minimum in his mind but still get praised. It was a strange feeling. But not bad in the least.