Prologue - Dreamtale

This is just a explanaition to the AU so if you are already familiar with the Alternate Universe you can just skip this and go directly to the start of the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreamtale is one of thousands of Alternate Universes in the Multiverse and it's most noticeable feature is a tree, the so called Tree of Feelings. It is one of three magical trees that exist in the Multiverse, the other two being the Tree of Live and the Tree of Magic. Every single one of those trees is vital for the existance of the Multiverse and is present in a different Universe, being protected by its own guardian.

 Every single one of those trees is vital for the existance of the Multiverse and is present in a different Universe, being protected by its own guardian

The Tree of Feeling is so important because it has the purpose to produce negative and positive feelings and send them to each universe. Without it, no being could ever be able to feel anything anymore and everyone would be like an empty casing without any kind of emotion inside of them. 

All of the magical trees have fruits. This one , for example, has two types of fruits growing on it. One side of the treetop covered in golden apples, which represented the positive feelings of the people, and the other side in dark apples, which represented the negative feelings of everyone.

However, from time to time there were people who tried to hurt the tree with the intention of obtaining one of the golden apples because they desired the power of the fruits. One of those bad people was able to heavily hurt the guardian of the tree, whose soul was connected to the magical plant, meaning that if she died, the tree would die with her. After the so called guardian Nim killed the attacker, her only option was to fuse with the tree so it wouldn't perish. But if she did that, the magical plant would be unprotected and the apples could be stolen with ease.

 But if she did that, the magical plant would be unprotected and the apples could be stolen with ease

She had to think fast and decided to create two living beings with the magic of the tree. The two of them, one being made of pure negative and the other made of pure positive energy, were supposed to be the new guardians of the tree. They had a flame-like appearance. She named the golden one of the new guardians Dream since he was such a dreamer while the dark, purple being was named Nightmare because... well he was the complete opposite of Dream.

Nim gave her creations two human bodies as a vessel but the human bodies started to swell until they exploded. The reason why the human bodies exploded was because there weren't many body openings and the strong energy of the two wasn't able to escape the body. The guardian had to think of something else as soon as possible, so she explored other universes with her mind trying to find a fitting physical form for the guardians. Nim found a small skeleton in a universe named Underswap, his name was Sans. Skeletons had many holes, so the energy woldn't be able to concentrate and the body wouldn't explode. She created two liveless copies of the skeleton in front of her and the flame-like beings filled them with live.

The previous guardian then fused with the Tree of Feelings...

Dream and Nightmare were the new guardians of the Tree and since they had didn't have anyone, they passed the days talking to each other

Dream and Nightmare were the new guardians of the Tree and since they had didn't have anyone, they passed the days talking to each other. They were like brothers even. They made a yellow flag with a sun, which was nightmares idea to cover the dry blood stain that the tree still had. Everything was fine for them because nobody approched the tree... But the area around the tree started... to get more lively. Towns and villages were created nearby the Tree of Feelings, and things started to change for the guardians... for the worse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno if that was good but I tried my best even though English isn't the language I normally speak (or write for that matter). Please tell me if I should continue this story. If you have any ideas for a continuation or a different story I could write you can just notificate me. (btw this story will probably be updated 1-3 times a month or so.)

C ya, Bye!

720 Words, date: 20th april, 2022

SOURCES:                                                                                                                                The UNDERTALE AU Dreamtale was created by Jokublog. Same goes for the images. However the story was/is completely (re)written by me. The image at the top of the page is made by Mory on Amino.