❛ Eight༉‧₊˚

"I had a dream, I got everything I wanted"

N.B: The bolded italics in this story are  for conversations either on phone calls or chats.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

B L I S S

I decided to go with Liam's advice, i mean what do I loose. I knew nothing was going to change the fact that he abandoned me.

We parted ways after we talked a little more and I headed home straight mainly because I missed my plush slippers and bed.

I entered the front door only to meet a stranger in my siting room, sitting comfortable with the remote in his hands.

"Oh, honey you're back" my mum called out from the dining. She was holding a pan and from the look of it, she just cooked for dinner.

"Good evening mum" I decided not to be too forward and waited for her to introduce.

"Umm...that's mr Jackson, he's my friend from work" I looked forward to find the said 'Mr Jackson' already on his foot, staring at me.

I really wanted to laugh, like why does he look like he was going to shit his pants. I mean I was not the typical selfish teenage girl. The one who expects her mum not to get involved with anyone but to continue to wait for a miracle to happen that would bring her dad home. For facts It was quite the opposite; I was really happy that she's beginning to step out.

It's nice meeting you, I'm bliss" I said as I waved my hands at him with a huge grin on my face. I don't know why I did that but I just did.

"It's nice meeting you too" he replied as he nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"The food is ready, bliss go and freshen up" my mum said after completely setting the table.

I went up to my room, took a shower, brushed and changed to my night wear. I knew it wasn't a proper outfit for a dinner with a visitor, my mum stare affirming that but i was too lazy to look for something else to wear plus this was so comfortable.

The dinner was really funny because Mr Jackson kept trying to bring up discussions by asking me things from school and I replied the best I could with a smile, my mum kept throwing funny and nervous glances at me and half of the time we ate in silence.

After dinner, mr Jackson said it was getting late and would like to take his leave not after telling my mum how much he enjoyed the dinner. I got up to give them space and left for my room.

+++
After many attempts to kill my boredom, I discovered Liam and I haven't chatted since we shared contact so I decided to shoot him a message.

'Hi'

I waited for some minutes and when I didn't get any reply, i shut off my phone and closed my eyes. I opened my phone again because I remembered I was yet to tell Olivia I got home already.

I told her I was home  and on my bed. After chatting for a few minutes which mainly involved her filling me in on what she saw on Twitter, we decided to say our byes. I was already feeling sleepy which was kind of weird judging by the fact I was a night crawler.

As I was about putting off my internet, a message from Liam came up which made my sleep instantly disappeared.

21:45
'Hello' it read.

I bit my finger nails nervously because I didn't know what to reply him with.

'But you sent him hi' my subconscious mocked.

..and because I don't want it to come out like I was waiting for his response, i busied myself  with laying my bed.

21:52
'How are you?' I waited a little before sending him the next text just to be sure he knows who he was replying to.

21:52
'Do you know who is this'

'bliss?'

'Yes'

'I'm fine though, you?'

'I'm good'

'I had forgotten I had your number until I saw your message'

Right, you're just some random girl who came and will go out of his life soon. I shook the bitter thought from my mind and replied him.

'Yeah, no problem'

'Can I ask?'

'Sure'

'When you're having a bad day, what makes it feel better?'

'I don't really know, maybe music, movie and novels. I enjoy doing those three; those are my favorite things to do. What about you?'

'Knowing that everyone close to me is okay and kind gestures from people also makes my day. I hardly have bad days though'

'That's cute'. He's reply was so matured and considerate 'Do you believe money can buy happiness?'

'You know the saying, the rich also cry? I don't think money can buy happiness. An healthy poor can be happy and what do you expect of a sick rich man? I feel money can buy temporary and material happiness not permanent'.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

What do you guys think, can money buy happiness? Share your thoughts in the comment section and don't forget to vote.
Shay

*P.S: not edited*