Westminster Palace, London, England, Spring 1466

Jackie and Edmund named the little boy Edmund, born on September 8, after his father. We hold a large baptism for him at Westminster Abbey, and in an effort to make peace, we make the Earl of Warwick the little boy's godfather. It definitely didn't work, but I guess it was worth a shot. He is a happy child and a true York with stunning blonde hair and grey eyes. I think his father is already planning to make a warrior of him.

Marriage negotiations are still going on between my uncle Charles and Edward's sister Anne, but in the meantime he departs for Burgundy to help my ailing grandfather with running the Duchy and leaves his motherless little girl, Mary of Burgundy, in my care, asking me to find her a suitable husband and provide for her dowry. I already tell him that I have in mind the Duke of Buckingham, the young boy who will one day be one of our wealthiest landowners to wed his daughter and he agrees to the plans. 

There is a special reason for me marrying off the Duke of Buckingham. He is a sulky child, not yet 10 years old. Warwick had him in mind for his daughter Isabel, but the boy is a royal ward since the death of his father, and as such he is at my disposal. I am paid a fee to guard him, and in the meantime I can do with him what I want. He is an arrogant and rude boy to me with and my relatives; he thinks he is of such a great family, slowly, through nurturing care he starts to behave around me and even starts to join in games with my Woodville relatives. The cherry on top where I seal his loyalty is when I give him Mary of Burgundy and he rejoices at the fact he will not only marry a foreign princess, but one that is directly related to the Queen of England. 

I also began setting up engagements with the rest of my family members. The next oldest with the daughter, Eleanor, is arranged to marry the Earl of Shrewsbury, Beth's nephew even though he is only six years younger than her. I settle a handsome dowry of 3000 marks on her and I invite Beth and my cousin James up for the wedding along with their newborn son James who was just born last December. 

After Eleanor there is her younger sister Martha. For the sweet Martha I pair her with Thomas FitzAlan, the heir to the earldom of Arundel, and who holds the courtesy title 7th Baron Maltravers. They are both dark-haired and a handsome couple. They start to get along well and I can tell that it will bring a marriage of convenience and domestic happiness to both.

After Martha there is Margaret, who is named after the old Lancastrian Queen Margaret of Anjou. Despite this, I find they have a little in common besides their name. Martha has dark brown hair like her father and is incredibly sweet. I don't think I could ever imagine her turning as mean and vindictive as Margaret of Anjou. For her I secure George Grey, the second son of the Earl of Kent. Although he is only a second son his older brother has been married for almost 6 years now and has had no heir. As a result, is becoming more and more likely that George will inherit the Earldom after the death of his brother. It is a smart match although she is only known as Lady Grey at court for now.

After Margaret we have to settle with the final three daughters. For young Isabella I secure the hand of William Herbert, the boy one day become the Earl of Pembroke. He is of Welsh blood and it is important to retain Welsh support. This marriage will keep an in-law in the Welsh borderlands and allow for me to sleep more soundly at night knowing that that part of the country is secure. 

After that there is the second youngest daughter, Agnes. I keep her options available as I think it is best to have one single cousin and coupling with the fact that she is not yet nine. I make her my lady and waiting and I stand ready at attention for any young man that might bring her and the Woodville family even more wealth. As for her younger sister Catherine, I betrothed her to Edward Poynings, the young Duke of Cork. His father was killed in battle but not before being named Duke on my advice. The boy, only six years old, is very close to my own children and he is very happy to be married to one of my kinswoman and Catherine seems very pleased at the fact that everybody now refers to her as a duchess.