Chapter 36: How Do I Breathe

Queens Hospital Center

2:43pm

My gaze swiveled over the bland walls and small tableful of torn magazines. I picked at the stupid IV in my arm and scratched my head.

Annoyance was an understatement.

Some humans might've loved hospital visits for whatever reasons but not I. All I wanted to do was crawl in my own bed but someone went against it.

"Can you stop that?"

"Sorry." She muttered and stopped tapping her fingers on the table. "Where's the doctor at?"

"You in a rush?"

"Nah ... I just some moves to make shorty."

"Like what?" I scoffed. "Got to run home to your bitch?"

"Don't start this shit."

"I'm just saying."

"Well what you saying ain't shit." She retorted.

I glanced up at the ceiling and chewed on my bottom-lip quivering with indignation. It's funny how people find joy in wasting other people's time.

"So freaking childish dawg .."

"There's not a damn thing childish about me!"

"Yeah aight."

"Mm-hmm. Allat too." I seethed.

Giselle stood up from her seat and stretched out her arms and legs. She glanced at me before marching over to the entrance door.

"I'm going to the vending machine. Want sum?"

"Nope."

Soon as she left out, I turned over to my side and let out a painful groan. Tears ran down my cheek and I squeezed my eyes shut. So mentally drained.

We have been trapped in the hospital since this morning and I was ready go home. It was my only safetynet and stirred me away from drama and her ass.

Nothing changed since I went unconscious. We were still at each other's throats. If Beyoncé wants to chase behind these nasty bitches then so be it.

I was so over it.

"Good-afternoon Ms. Maraj." Doctor Wyatt greeted while holding a clipboard in her hand. "How we're feeling today?"

"Like shit." I mumbled.

She cackled. "Well your vitals seem to checkout fine minus the rise and falls of your blood pressure. It seems you are coming down with a cold. We're running more tests as we speak but I need ask a few more questions."

I nodded.

"Okey-dokey. Do these episodes occur often?"

"No."

"Did you noticed any unusual symptoms?"

"Not that I know of."