Chapter Nine

Renata’s POV:

~Two Days Later (Sunday, aka Airport Time)~

Finn and I were on our way to the airport, and frankly, I was freaking out.

“Oh my god Finn,” I said, shaking in the taxi. We were on our way to the JFK airport, where Jack, Marcus, Alfie, Joe, Caspar, Zoella, and Charlie were going to fly into.

Finn put his hand on my leg, looked at me, and said, “Stop Rena. You Skype with him basically every week and talk to him every day. He won’t forget who you are, I promise.”

I nodded; my nerves slightly calming down. The taxi pulled up to the airport, and Finn paid the driver. I was way too nervous to be doing anything.

“C’mon,” he said, extending his arm out to me. All of a sudden, I got hit with about a thousand flashing cameras.

Sometimes I forgot I was Niall Horan’s “girlfriend”.

“Shit,” I muttered under my breath. Finn and I started sprinting to the arrival gates in the airport, where all of a sudden six security guards came out of nowhere.

“Sir, ma’am, we’re going to have to ask you to go into a separate room so the paparazzi won’t disturb you guys.”

We nodded, and followed the big, scary men to a blocked off room, where there was an open door to the arrival gates.

The security guards exited as fast as they had entered, and all of a sudden I heard a plane outside land. I jumped up from a seat, and said, “They’re here.”

Finn walked to where I was standing, and peered outside. “Yup that’s them,” he said, confirming my statement.

He gave my hand a tight squeeze, and we headed to the open door to the arrival gates. Then I saw them.

Them as in my six best friends, all going through the corridor to where we were to meet them. All of them held video cameras, because what are youtubers without some vlogging.

They didn’t see us, but we saw them. Charlie was in Jack’s arms, and he was the first one to spot me. He tried to wiggle out of his arms, but couldn’t.

“Mummy!” he said, reaching towards my direction. “Slow down buddy,” Jack said to Charlie, “We get to see her very soon, but not yet.”

“Mummy!” he cried, reaching even farther in my direction. I couldn’t take it anymore. I ran forward, and scooped Charlie from Jack into my arms.

“Charlie,” I breathed, covering his dirty blonde hair in kisses. I turned to Charlie and said, “I missed you Charlie. Did you miss me?” Charlie nodded brightly and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Cheeky,” Finn said, laughing from behind me. Jack laughed and him and Finn embraced. It really was quite cute, since they hadn’t seen each other in a while. Brotherly love and all that good stuff.

I continued to hold Charlie, and turned to Marcus, who was beside me, and gave him a tight hug. “Hellooooo!” he said, in his signature introduction.

I snuggled into his chest, smelling his cologne. It was something I had missed about him. He always smelled very woodsy, and somehow I had missed it while I was here in NYC.

I moved on to Alfie, and gave him a tight hug. He pulled back, looked me in the eye and said very seriously, “Charlie is literally my favorite toddler in the world.”

By this time, I was very teary, and this basically made me start crying happy tears. He hugged me again, and I went to Zoe.

“Renata!” she said, throwing her arms around me, “I’ve missed you so much. You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.”