deux

"ARE YOU READY?" aunt cissy asked me, fixing my now shoulder length hair. i had used a special charm to dye it the same color as draco's, platinum blonde. then i decided i should i should cut it into some layers, then curtain bangs. i liked the way i looked with the blonde, it made me feel pretty. i kept the eyebrows brown because his were too, and conjured up gray contacts to match his eyes. draco and i always shared a resemblance because of our moms, but now we truly looked like siblings.

"ready." i nodded. narcissa smiled at me and handed me my trunk. i turned to draco and he smirked, "my my, it's like looking in a mirror."

i laughed, "let's see if it's true what they say."

he waited for me to go on. i stopped walking and smiled. "don't you know? blondes have more fun."

draco scoffed at me and gave half a smile before he boarded the express. i looked back at aunt cissy, she gave a reassuring smile. her and mom's smiles were almost the same, but where my mother's was deranged, narcissa's was kinder and almost warm.

my father's words kept repeating in my head. the whole 'you're here on a mission, not to make friends' thing and he especially wouldn't have it if i was friends with any muggle borns. i didn't like the derogatory term he used for muggle born wizards and witches, like their magic wasn't just as real as ours, as if our spells don't work the same effect. i absolutely abhorred his ideals of an only pure blood society.

as i entered the train there were murmurs and stares, and i had to remember that i was standing next to draco malfoy- and while i loved my cousin dearly, he is not a very likable boy. he was mean and for no better words a bully, but he's still my blood. draco lead me to an empty cart and i looked at him confused.

"i hope you don't mind, i'm gonna go sit with blaise and pansy."

"oh no, that's fine. abandon your sister on the trolly." i smiled falsely, tilting my head at him.

"i knew you'd understand." draco responded, squeezing me into a half-assed side hug. he had completely ignored my sarcasm which i wasn't even sure he'd understood in the first place. he pat my back twice with an annoying smile before leaving.

i walked into the empty cart, mattheo entering
after me. i made a face at him, quieting my voice. "mattheo! get lost!"

he frowned at me, "that's so mean!"

i sighed, giving him an annoyed stare. "mattheo, don't you think it looks suspicious for people see a riddle and a malfoy sitting together?"

he frowned again. "but mene! nobody else is gonna sit with me and i'll be bored. i could care less if people don't like me but the trolly ride is too long to be by myself."

i sighed and gave in. "fine, sit."

mattheo smiled at and sat in the other side of the cart, digging in his pocket for his walkman. "you know that won't work at hogwarts, right?" i asked, watching him open it to pop in a new song.

"i know," he answered. "so i'm getting my fill now of wu-tang before it's all vinyl records, big bands, and rick nelson."

"leave him out this. he's one of my favorite muggles." i pointed at mattheo and he put his hands up defensively. secretly, mattheo and i loved to listen to muggle music. whenever father was out we'd blast the likes of miss lauryn hill, the buzzcocks, swv, the smiths and any other artists we could manage to find. it was hard to get muggle music around where we lived, which was deatheater central. we'd nearly have to travel a half hour on broom for the closest muggle record shop.

i laughed as the door to our section slid open again, i looked up only to be irritated. theodore nott, again. he didn't irritate me because he was annoying- he was actually quite pleasant. he only irritated me because i didn't know how to feel or act around him.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 & 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐒जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें