THREE

"You surely impressed everyone Sister." Jasper said as he sipped on his tea.

All the Pendermores were in the drawing room having their afternoon tea.

"Thank you Brother." Lillie smiled.

"Had no doubts. Did you not see her Brother? She was rather dazzling." Kygo said.

"He was too busy eyeing his potentials." Keeton laughed.

"Potentials?" Maeve asked, looking up from the piano.

"Are you planning on marrying brother?" Merritt asked.

"I did not say that." Jasper said, rather bored of this conversation as he went back to the newspaper he was reading.

"If you are, you would tell us right?" Lady Pendermore asked.

"Of course mother. Always."

"It is here. It is here." Ophelia ran in with a piece of paper in her hand, Norman right behind her.

"How are you so fast?" Norman complained, crouching down to catch his breath.

"Because I am taller." Ophelia barked back.

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Children." Lord Pendermore said to the two youngest. "What is here?"

"Lady Whistledown." Ophelia said, handing them the paper.

The ladies of the house seemed more interested in the paper as the gentlemen didn't bother to get up from what they were doing.

"Why care so much about some anonymous paper from someone who we do not know? We shall not let this Lady Whistledown dictate our lives." Jasper asked. "It is only false."

"Only false brother?" Ophelia gasped, glaring at her older brother. "Lady Whistledown named our Sister one of the season's incomparables.

"A diamond of the first water." Maeve read, smiling.

Everyone smiled when they heard the words.

"This is lovely. We must celebrate." Lady Pendermore said. "We shall invite the Bridgertons as Daphne was named one too. Oh this is too great. I shall start planning."

"Miss Pendermore, you have flowers and a letter." Winston, the Pendermore's footman, stated as he approached the girl, handing her the letter and flowers and leaving.

"A suitor already Sister?" Kygo teased.

Lillie smiled as she read the letter. It was from Anthony.

"My dearest Lillie. I can not express how proud I am to hear you are named one of the season's incomparables. Your favorite flowers will sure bring out the smile I love most."

The girl couldn't help but blush when she read the Viscount's letter. Anthony has sent her numerous letters before, but why was this one making her feel like a tomato? "It is just Lord Bridgerton congratulating me."

"Viscount Bridgerton?" Lady Pendermore asked as Lillie nodded.

"Well why you look at that Brother, dearest Sister already caught your best friend's attention." Keeton smirked. Him and Kygo were enjoying this too much. They always laughed at their sister's close relationship with the Bridgerton boy.

"We won't have to worry about him getting in the way of your proposals right Sister?" Jasper asked. He knew of their close relationship, everyone did. He will not let his best friend get in the way of his sister's debut to society.

"No he will not Brother." Lillie faked a smile. The girl didn't want to admit it, but she wouldn't mind marrying her best friend. At least then she'll know he loves her for her.

"We shall sure hope so for his sake."