TWENTY-NINE

"Exactly how long is this concert?" Lillie asked as they walked into the hall to find their seats.

"Three, maybe four hours." Keeton said.

Lillie groaned. She was in no mood to sit for that long. And it didn't help that Prince Friedrich wasn't here. He was busy taking care of business with his father... again. 

I guess that's what happens when you're a Prince. 

"Do we have to stay that long?"

Keeton chuckled. "Well you are lucky Brother Jasper isn't here."

"And why is that?"

"Sister you can sit with Lord Bridgerton without him glaring and complaining."

Before the girl could say anything, her brother walked away. She wasn't able to process what her brother said until someone came up to her. "Miss Lillie."

The girl turned around to see the Bridgerton boy. "Lord Bridgerton."

"Shall we head to our seats?" Anthony stuck out his bicep.

"We shall." Lillie smiled as she looped her hand around it and walked to the seats. She was seated in box seating with Anthony and Lady Bridgerton. Her family was to her right also in box seating. She wondered why she didn't sit with them rather with Anthony and his mother.

She wasn't complaining though. It would be more entertaining to have someone to talk to.

The concert began and Lillie was amazed at how well the performance was going. They played one of her favorite songs and she could have swore she shed a tear. Anthony offered her his handkerchief.

"Thank you my dearest Anthony." Lillie smiled at him as she wiped her tears. She handed the handkerchief back.

"Anything for you my dearest Lillie." Anthony smiled as they went back to watching the performance. During the middle she noticed Daphne abruptly get up and walked away leaving the girl to be confused.

Lillie gazed over to Lady Bridgerton as she was confused too. "I shall see what it is." With that Lady Bridgerton left to go see Daphne.

"Everything ok?" Anthony asked.

Lillie looked at him but she could tell his attention somewhere else. She followed his gaze to a beautiful woman who looked familiar. However, she didn't know where she saw her from. "I'm not quite sure. Daphne just left. Your mother is checking up on her."

Anthony nodded, looking at the girl. "My sister will be ok." He took the girl's hand and squeezing it letting her know he was here.

And throughout the performance, their hands were intertwined. Anthony completely forgot about the girl he used to love was staring at the pair all throughout the performance.