SEVEN

"I'm sure what Lady Whistledown wrote was untrue." Lillie said to the girl.

Tonight was the dinner the Pendermores and Bridgtertons had every week. After the death of Edmund Bridgerton, the two families have stated a tradition to dine together once a week to keep the families together.

Lillie was happy to have some company. Especially since Daphne was dealing with the same with her oldest brother meddling in her business as she was.

The girl was seated next to Daphne on her left and Anthony to her right. The Duke, Simon next to Daphne. Lady Pendermore and Lady Bridgerton made sure to plan the seating carefully. They thought they could kill 2 birds with 1 stone with Lillie and Anthony and Daphne and Simon.

"No one dared to show up to my house. Only Lord Berbrooke. He is as nasty as he looks."

Lillie snorted as she heard the girl say it. The girl's eyes quickly widened as she slapped a hand over her mouth not believing what just happened.

"How lady like." Anthony said, shaking his head in disapproval at her action.

"My apologies my Lord. It just came out." Lillie chuckled as the Lord followed her action. Her laugh was music to his ears.

"Your Brother and I were speaking about as we should play Pall Mall tomorrow."

Lillie's eyes light up. She liked playing Pall Mall. Although she didn't like how her competitive side came out, her family was used to it. "That's an excellent idea."

"Care to join us Hastings?" Anthony asked his oldest friend sitting next to his sister.

"Of course. It shall be fun. " Simon said.

"Yes it will be." Daphne whispered mostly to herself but Lillie heard it as she held onto the girl's hand.

"You shall not worry. I shall distract your Brother so he won't even notice you two flirting."

"We are not flirting." Daphne argued.

Lillie shrugged as she chuckled at her friend's denial. "Whatever you mean Daph. Nobody can deny the avergating tension you two have. It is quite comic."

That shut the Bridgerton girl up.