《Prologue》

The blarring sound of an alarm echoed down the glossy corridors, secrets hidden beyond the confines of the giant, metal doors that scattered the hall. The wake up call, to alert the pre-teens and teens that it was the start of another sweat-filled and exhausting training day.

Some days they would be doing physical challenges, such as running 10 miles and doing fitness circuits. Other days, filled with tests and puzzels, to challenge their mental capability.

A young teen girl, among many others in the colossal building, woke up with a start. Eyes snapping wide, body darting upright, just another morning in jail-like quarters.

Forcing herself out of bed, she headed towards the small, rustic wardrobe to the left of her bed, containing multiple pairs of all-white sweaters and joggers. The words 'Property of WICKED' imprinted on the back of the top and thigh in big, black writing.

She got changed and pondered the challeges for the day ahead. She wasn't too bad at thinking outside the box and studying the details, it was the excessive running and muscle straining that she struggled with. She did like a challenge though.

The teen sat on her bed and waited for her door to unlock. Though WICKED had saved the children from the deadly virus and scorching world, beyond the massive bolted down doors, they treated them as if they were in a jail. Like animals in a zoo.

Locked up in their designated rooms, let out only to do what was needed, and by the end of the day be fatigued, then restricted back behind the doors of their room. Only then having to repeat the cycle, over and over again. Like a never ending circus act.

Finally, the doors opened and the brunette was allowed out into the long corridoor, that smelled like rubber gloves and freshly polished furnature. The latter reminding the girl of her house before she was taken. It reminded her of home.

Home. She missed home.

Not letting herself dwell on the nostalgic odor and blocking out her melancholic emotions, she continued down the hall. Squeazing through the crowds of children, taken in by WICKED, just like herself, she made sure to appologise to those that she had accidentally stumbled into.

She wasn't one for arguments and wasn't much of a people person. She liked to keep to herself and was only really comfortable around her friends. There wasn't many of them, but they were as close as people could be.

The young teen entered the food hall area, a waft of sweat and todays breakfast hit her like a tidal wave. A scent she should be used to by now. Keeping her eyes to the floor, she headed to the line of kids.

Some were pushing and shoving to get to the front, causing arguments to break out or people being not so kindly shoved out of the way. Keeping to herself, she waited for the line to lessen, soon it did.

Once she got her food, a piece of buttered toast and a shiny apple, that matched her freshly squeezed apple juice. Her eyes scanned the hall, landing on the faces shed seen everyday, the same time every morning, in the same place.

Scurring through the crowds as fast as she could, seeming as if a lost duckling, hurrying to get back to their mother. Arriving at the table, greeted with loud chatter and chuckles, she placed her tray down, careful not to spill any juice, and plopped down in her seat.

"Look who decided to join the party!" Marty exclaimed, being his normal joking self. "Took your time."

"Well there were crowds of people," she innocently defended herself. "I didn't wanna just push past them."

"You know, just nudging a person won't hurt their feelings," Tony tried reasuring the girl.

"Well, I just..." Rori trailed off, not exactly knowing what to say. "I don't wanna be mean," she mumbled, truly meaning it.