Chapter 10-Puppets, paint, and pining

Moon opened his eyes. 'Did I... fall asleep? Weird. I didn't know I could fall asleep... Maybe I just have robot insomnia or something,' Moon thought to himself. He heard a rustle and then looked down to see Sun snuggled up to his chest. His face reddened. He had forgotten they fell asleep like that. He needed to get out of the bed without waking Sun up, or else it would be really awkward. Gently, he tried to remove Sun's arms off of his back. But he held him with a tight grip. He moved onto his next option, which was to slip out of his arms. But this was immediantly ruled out when he realized Sun had also wrapped his legs around him. He was completly stuck. Now had no other choice. The daycare would open in about 23 minutes, and he had to wake Sun up anyway, he just could no longer do it without an awkward moment.

"Sun, wake up," Moon whispered. Sun stirred but he didn't open his eyes. "What time is it?" He groaned, snuggling his head even more into Moon's chest. "The daycare opens in about 22 minutes now," Moon said. "Oh! We have to-" Sun picked up his head, his eyes now open and his face about 3 inches from Moon's face. He stared wide-eyed, completly dumbfounded. He had forgotten he had cuddled up to Moon last night and was now very embarrassed. He moved his arms and legs away from Moon and moved away, putting his head into the pillow self-consciously. "SORRYYYY!!!! I WAS TIRED AND I DIDN'T KNOW AND I WAS SO TIRED AND-" Sun rambled, his voice muffled by the pillow. "Hey it's ok, calm down," interrupted Moon, sitting up. Sun groaned into the pillow. "If you were this awake, then how did you not realize you were cuddling me?" Moon asked questioningly. Sun paused, and shoved the pillow into his face even more. If he could put his face inside of the pillow he probably would. "I-I thought... you were a pillow..." Sun admitted embarrassedly. "I'm made of metal!" Moon said with a laugh. Sun sat up with an angry pouty face. "Well your comfortable, ok!" He said, turning his head away, sloutching, and crossing his arms.

"Ok, so I'm gonna get the arts and crafts stuff out before the kids come," Moon said, getting up. Sun perked up at hearing this. "Ooh! Can we do a puppet show soon too? I know we usually do it later in the day but I have some really good ideas!" Said Sun with a grin. "Ok, sure then do you want me to set that up now too?" Moon asked. Sun thought for a moment. "No, I'll do it and we'll wait for all of the kids first, well all the daily ones caz we don't know when the others are coming..." Said Sun, muttering the last part with a shrug. "Ok, then I'll be getting arts and crafts ready. And I'll help you when I'm done," said Moon, throwing a glance at Sun as he walks away.

Moon walked over to the arts and crafts table. As soon as he got there he realized he had to hide the painting he had made. He put it under his arm, and started to get all of the arts and crafts supplies out. As he was doing that Sun had started to set up the cardboard box that they used as a puppet stage. Soon all of the supplies were out, and Moon immediantly went to climb the ladder back up to his room. Somehow he had managed to climb it with the painting. Sun didn't notice his absence, and he was glad for this. He went to his room and put the painting face down on his desk, ontop of a clutter of some other stuff. Although both Sun and Moon always cleaned the daycare as soon as there was mess, neither of them had ever bothered to clean their own rooms. He heard a noise from outside the balcony. Sun was coming up the ladder. Moon crawled through the tunnel between their rooms as fast as he could and quickly grabbed some puppets.

"Oh, Moon! I didn't know you were up here! Well actually I didn't know where you were..." He said excitedly then with a mumble. "Yeah, I said I was gonna help you with the puppet show once I was done with arts and crafts," Said Moon, giving the puppets he was holding to Sun and retrieving more from the pile on the floor. "Well, thank you!" Sun chirped. Sun left the room, Moon following him. He paused at the balcony. "Wait, how are we gonna get all the puppets down? We can't go down the ladder with them," Sun asked, turning to Moon. "With the wire of course," answered Moon, as the wire slowly approached them. Sun mumbled something under his breath so quiet that Moon couldn't hear him. "What was that?" Moon asked. Sun looked up with a mixture of fear and surprise in his eyes. "Oh! um- I..." Sun looked away. "I've never used the wire before..." He admited quietly. "That's ok, I can show you how," Said Moon, moving all the puppets into one hand and attaching the wire to himself. "Just watch," said Moon, jumping off the balcony. He descended to the floor near the puppet show box and piled the puppets in the corner. Then he detached the wire from himself. "Now you try!" Said Moon as the wire went back up and approached Sun.