s4 e2

At training the next day, Robby has them working on blocking. "There's a reason Miyagi-Do is difficult to learn. These blocks are incredibly precise. Each one is designed to overcome a specific attack." He stands in front of Tory. "Show me wax on, wax off." He says. He throws punches and she blocks them, using the moves he had shown them. "The more you learn Miyagi-Do, the tougher you are to defeat." He says. "Except for one tiny flaw." Kreese says, walking onto the mat. "Their entire style is reactive, which means all their moves are counter moves. That means that we are in control. We can use that to set traps."

"Show me paint the fence." Robby says to Tory. Everyone watches as he throws punches before ducking, sweeping her legs out from underneath her. "Sorry. Just part of the lesson." He says when she growls at him. She grabs his arm, throwing him over her shoulder, straddling him, about to throw a punch. "Enough!" Kreese calls. "Nichols, in my office. Continue the lesson." He motions to Robby. Tory grunts, standing quickly as Robby continues the lesson. Madeline takes these lessons to heart, knowing she has to beat Miyagi-Do for her grandfather.

That evening, Kreese has Madeline come with him to the store, not telling her his true intentions. Amanda drops the cheese she was holding, it rolls until Kreese catches it with his foot. He bends down, picking it up. "Butterfingers, huh?" He teases, setting down the cheese. "What are you doing here?" Amanda asks. "Well, it's honeycrisp season. This store has the best produce in the Valley." He says, picking up an apple. "Don't you need to be a legally-mandated distance away from me?" She asks. "Other way around. Technically, you're the one in violation."

Amanda steps closer causing Madeline to immediately step up. Kreese stops his granddaughter, holding his hand out in front of her. "I know about the deal that you struck with my husband and Johnny, and I just want you to know that whatever happens at that tournament, I will make sure you lose." She says, walking back to her cart. "Is that why you're sabotaging my student?" He questions. "I wasn't trying to get Tory fired. But that girl's asking for trouble. She broke into my house. Attacked my daughter." "If she's anything like you, she deserved it." Madeline snips.

Amanda ignores her with a glare. "Sam's gonna have scars for the rest of her life." She snaps. "I respect you defending your daughter. I think that's what all mothers should do. Unfortunately, Tory doesn't have a mother. Or one that's healthy enough to defend her. That girl has to pay the bills. Put food on the table. All by herself." Kreese says. "I didn't know that." "Well, now you know. So you might want to leave the girl alone. Or deal with the consequences." He states as the worker walks up. "Mrs. LaRusso. Found that gouda. Last one too, must be your lucky day." The man says.

"Oh, thank you." She says. "Remember, not all kids are as lucky as yours." Kreese says, biting the apple as he turns, walking away. He faces Amanda one last time. "Sweet." He laughs, motioning Madeline with him. At training a few days later, the door bell rings as a kid walks in. Everyone is practicing their punches. "Mr. Keene. You have a visitor." Kreese calls, stopping everyone. "You know this kid?" Tory asks. "I'm Kenny." The boy stutters out. "My brother, Shawn Payne, said you could help me." "I didn't know Shawn had a brother. Is he out?" Robby asks the boy who shakes his head.

"No. That's why I'm here. These a-holes keep hassling me. One of them knows karate, so-" "This is a dojo. You are interrupting my class." Kreese says, staring down at the boy. "I'm sorry. I didn't know." Kenny stutters. "Sensei. Shawn Payne was one of the toughest guys in juvie. Kicked my ass a few times." Robby speaks up. Kreese chuckles. "You know, in the real world, we have to fight our own battles. Cobra Kai can teach you how. But you have to prove that you're worthy." Kreese says. "How do I do that?" Kenny asks. "Take your shoes off and get on the mat." Kreese orders.

Kenny takes a deep breath and looks at Robby. Everyone is now on their knees surrounding the mat except Kenny. "All right, Mr. Payne. Let's see what you got. Ms. Kreese?" Madeline stands, walking onto the mat with a smirk. "But h-how am I supposed to fight if I haven't had any training yet?" Kenny questions fearfully. "To be a Cobra Kai, you have to have a killer instinct." Kreese answers. Kenny looks over as Madeline cracks her knuckles. "Fighting positions." Kreese says. "Don't worry, man. I'll go easy on you." Madeline smirks again. "Ais!" "Ha!" Madeline takes a large step.