bonus chapter

a/n: i keep lying to you guys and adding more chapters, i just love writing terry 😩
———————————
The following days after unpacking everything in her room, Madeline sits on her bed, staring at the still empty walls. She's unpacked, but she couldn't bring herself to decorate. Terry wanted to be patient, but being patient was getting him nowhere. She lies back, looking over at her door as it opens. Terry walks in, his eyes scanning the empty looking room. Sure, she had put her books up on her brand new bookshelf, but the room had no Madeline involved in it. "Hey." She smiles, sitting up. "Why aren't your posters up? We just bought new ones." He says, slightly annoyed.

"I haven't had a chance." She lies, looking down at her hands. "Madeline." His voice is a warning. A warning for her to tell the truth, to stop lying about everything because she can't come to terms with the truth. "I can't find my thumbtacks." "Use tape." He offers. "I don't wanna rip the posters when I take them down." "Why would you take them down?" She shrugs. "What if I don't like them anymore? What if they tear the paint off your wall?" "Madeline, you're worrying about nothing." He says, walking over and sitting beside her, holding her hand. She calms, relaxing just a little bit.

She leans into his side as he removes his hand from hers, wrapping his arm around her instead. "Come on, let's put some posters up." He says, standing and pulling her with him. "I say we lie down and take a nap instead." She pulls him to the bed. He chuckles, shaking his head. "Fine. We'll nap, then we'll put posters up. How's that sound?" "Sounds good." She says, tugging on his hand again as she climbs into bed. He smiles, climbing in behind her. After their nap, they decide to head to town, Madeline wanted to go to the bookstore. While walking, they bump into a boy around her age.

Madeline pales, quickly looking away. "Madeline?" The boy smirks, knowing he's caught her. She carefully looks at him, taking a sidestep to hide behind Terry a bit. Terry's brows furrow. "Come on, doll." He grabs her hand, pulling her with him when the boy grabs her other wrist. "What, not gonna say hi?" He asks, feigned hurt in his voice. "Let her go." Terry growls. "I've been looking all over for you!" The boy exclaims. "Hey, she obviously doesn't know you and you're clearly making her uncomfortable. You need to leave." Terry states, removing the boy's tight grip off her.

"That logic's airtight, but there's one flaw." The boy says. "She does know me. Isn't that right, Maddie?" He smirks again, glancing at her. She flinches slightly, nodding. "Who's this?" Terry asks. "Nobody. Let's go." She starts to walk when Terry pulls her back. "Matthew. Who're you?" The boy snaps. "Silver, please, I'm begging you, let it go. Can we leave?" Madeline pleads. "I wanna know why this little boy can come up and think he can put his hands on my girl." Terry snarls, pushing her behind him, glaring down at Matthew. "Your girl? Is that what you let him think, Maddie?" He laughs.

"Stop it, Matthew. We both know whatever happened between us is done and has been done." She states shakily. "That's what you think." Matthew snaps. Terry pulls his hands away from Madeline's shaking frame to grab the boy by his hair when he reaches for her. Yanking his head back, he glowers at him. "Keep your fucking hands off her." He growls. "Terry." She sets her hands on his back, feeling his muscles ripple beneath her hands. "Back up, Madeline. I don't want you to get hurt." "I'm not gonna get hurt because you're gonna let him go." She says sternly, grabbing him.

He faces her, fury written all over his face. "Terry, love, please." His eyes soften, and he carefully lets Matthew go. The fear that Terry had instilled in him must've worked. "I'm outta here. She isn't worth this." Matthew says, quickly running away. "Who was that?" "We'll talk when we get home." She says dismissively, shaking her head and starting to walk. "Madeline, who was he?" He snaps out his words. "Somebody from high school." She answers softly. "From New York? What's he doing in California?" "I don't know. I was just as surprised as you." She says honestly.