Chapter 3: Bravery in the face of defeat

Shigeo couldn't move. His quirk activated against his will, setting a fire that spread all around the centre. Even prior to being taken over by the sludge he was close to explosion. Now that his power had come out all at once, the villain felt unstoppable. Objects floated around them, heroes flung around left and right much to Shigeo's horror. He felt his hands lift up use his quirk, and no matter how hard he tried to stop it, they would not cease.
"Give up, brat. Your power is mine now! Thank you for giving me the perfect quirk to control!" Sludge roared, mad with power. A crowd had formed around them as they watched on in horror. They had an idea of who Shigeo was— a calm, quiet boy— who was adamant on never using his quirk at all. Seeing him like this brought more panic to them, as they had never realised just how powerful the boy's quirk was.

Izuku ran and ran until he came across a congregation that was surrounding the fire. He watched as more heroes came to the scene, dispersing the crowd and laying down safety tape. The crowd parted, and in the alleyway he could see—

He felt his legs seize up when he saw the look on Shigeo's face

He felt his legs seize up when he saw the look on Shigeo's face. It twisted his stomach to see such horror plastered onto his face as more slime forced itself inside of him, controlling his body and using his quirk for unimaginable destruction. The building above them started to crumble under the psychic power, bricks and debris floating towards the sky. The fire roared as the villain did, keeping the heroes from saving the hostage. The current heroes with water quirks were preoccupied with the fire, but nobody else was available.

It was as if his legs moved on their own. What possessed him to move like that he didn't know. But there was only one thought that crossed his mind as the adrenaline rushed through his body. Save Shigeo. It was so forceful that everything else didn't matter. The heroes yelling as they reached out to stop him from running into the blaze. The crowd screaming as they anticipated death. Shigeo's muffled screams, telling him to get back. The only thing that mattered was saving Shigeo's life. With all his strength he grabbed onto the mass of slime and tried pulling his friend out.
"Izuku, it's im—" Shigeo momentarily took control, and the amalgam of the villain and he spoke as one through the giant, ugly mouth. "Impossible to—"
"Grragh! How in the hell did you do that, damn brat?!"
Izuku blinked back tears as he relentlessly scooped handful after handful of slime away, somehow managing to clear it from Shigeo's nose. At least he could breathe.
Shigeo was immensely grateful, but even with that his situation looked hopeless. Because the villain was using his quirk, his emotions were going haywire. With that, his power only grew.
"Izuku, listen to me—" He fought for control within the villain's body. "You need to run. My powers, they—" He was interrupted by the groaning of the building's scaffolding as the metal bent and broke. It was going to fall. "Izuku, the building—!" Debris fell around them, adding more fuel to the blaze. By now, there were news helicopters hovering around the site, the rotors whirring just adding more to the chaos. His arms ached as Shigeo forced them to cover his ears, and he squeezed his eyes shut. He just wanted everything to stop. He wanted to stop hurting people. He just wanted to be free.