buzzcut season

i walk in and am flooded with tons of body pressed against each other. ugh, the smell of horny sweaty teenagers. i walk around awkwardly, seeking a familer face to pass the time with. soon a hand is on my shoulder. i turn around to meet the grin of frankie. we meet, dabbing each other up before goignt o the kitchen and grabbing a drink. 

" do you know how to dance!" i ask, screaming on the top of my lungs over a cumbia song. his eyes light up.

"fuck yea I've been waiting for a dance partner!" he shout over the music.

oye mujer by raymix blasts and i grab Frankies hand out the dance floor. my feet go side to side nd across and wander. frankie does know how to dance. he leads me, spinning my and doing cool tricks. we sing along, Frankies horrible singing audible despite the noise.

oye mujer! yo solo qiero darte un beso nomas! 

we dance for three more songs until we spot the group, finishing off the cumbia as we walk and dance to them.

the group is hyping us up as frankie give me one last turn and the music stops into a dua lipa song. 

they cheer as we approach and we bow to them, chuckling.

"damn rojas we might have to have a dance later!" chuckles ismeal.

we laugh and talk until i realize ale is missing, hes not here.

"your boyfriend in the kitchen."whispers ismeal in my ear as im about to get a drink. my cheeks turn red but i go to the kitchen.

i arrive in the kitchen and find talking to a friends next to him. alejandro sees me and walks to me. immediately i can smell the alcohal off of him as he walks towads me. his breth confirms it. 

"hey." he says, his voice grumbly, butterflies hit me and i hate it. He look s me up and down.

"hi." i say smiling.

"wanna dance?" he says as cumbia caliente  starts playing. i smile and nod.

we get on the dance floor and immediately start dancing. 

"im sorry for drinking." he whispers in my ear. "im wasted."

"its ok." i lie."im not your mom, besides we met like three weeks ago. i cant have a say." I'm not going to lie, i kind of wanted to experience the dance without alcohol but I suppose not.

nunca es sufficiente starts playing and we change beat.

" 3 weeks and 5 days actually." he clarifies, which catches me by suprise. "i was just really nervous to speak to you." he whispers in my ear, explaining his state hes in. And i melt at the trasncperecy his cold heart is telling me.

"why?" i chuckle.

"Because, I want someone to know me beside just a man whore." he mumbles. 

"i dont think your a manwhore." i say. i mean not yet. but i dont say that.

"thats what you say now. i do some pretty dumb shit sometimes rojas."he says, testing out the new nickname he seems to like.

" then dont."

"wow, such great advice." he chuckles.

"your friends dont think your  manwhore, theyre just joking."i try to comfort.

" no. they do. theyve known me since i was in elementry. they know how i am. or how i used to be. even if i havent slept with someone i still play girls and im a horrible person. i know that. but im trying to change, i swear." hes clearly drunk. he must have expierience if hes this calm whille wasted.