4.Aftermath of a Blunderful Night

"You arrived here last night. Got drunk. Met a woman", Vivaan recited each event while Shaurya nodded dubiously.So far Vivaan sounded fine  but he was aghast as he reiterated the highlight of his friend's night of adventure , "then you got MARRIED to her". Shaurya who was until now answering silently with gestures, sighed and spoke embarrassingly, "And we spend the night together". His friend looked at him in utter shock, "And she left in the morning after robbing you. She didn't even spare your cloths".

Vivaan studied his friend who was still clad in the hotel bath towel. "She didn't rob me", Shaurya was quick to defend the lady he married last night, "she may have taken it being desperate"  he looked away being awkward to reiterate about his wedding night, "she was in bridal ware and it was soiled. So she may have borrowed my cloths before leaving while I was in shower". Vivaan shook his head in dismay as his friend was still naive , "Gentleman, that's called stealing". 

"Check what else is missing. You cards, wallet, phone, car keys...", Vivaan instructed him. Shaurya had no recollection about them. He may have left his belonging elsewhere.  When he arrived at the resort, he was too broken to care. Now he was too affected to search them. Vivaan stepped in sensing his turmoil, "Your car is still in the parking lot. I saw it when I came. Atleast she didn't steal your car". "My stuffs may be in the car", Shaurya spoke with surety. "Then I guess we can be relieved for the moment. She didn't loot other than a wedding night from you", Vivaan smirked, "I guess it wasn't a total steal. Bet you too enjoyed". "Vivaan, Please", Shauyra groaned, "Get me some cloths and take me out of these god forbidden place".

Although amused, Vivaan did not stay back to make fun of Shaurya. He quickly went away to arrange for cloths and check Shaurya's car. Now sober and alone, with a relaxed brain, Shaurya recalled events of the morning. He hate lying, especially to his best friend. But it was too personal to have to share even with his best friend.

The morning seemed to have graced him with blissfulness. Shaurya was relaxed and rejuvenated. In one word he could summarise his state as Wonderful! He took a deep breath while trying to stretch his limbs. He found his limbs tangled with another. Soon he found a woman lying on his chest. Her naked body was cocooned in his warmth as they both were covered under the sheets. Without much thought, he kissed her forehead and she smiled, giving out a soft moan of content. She moved closer to his body while he did the same by wrapping his arms against her body. She slept on while he too decided to do the same, if not for the sudden flash of reality that hit him.

He got married last night to a stranger. He spend the night her. The woman lying in his arms  is his wife. He gulped hard in shock. Trying not to wake her , he managed to have a good look at her. She was indeed a beautiful woman. He would have been a lucky man unless their pitiful situation. Dread started to fill him along with hangover. They both were drunk and lost. In the spur of the moment, they played along. Still it is not reasonable enough to go ahead and consummate a non-existing marriage. How could he act so immature? 

"God", he groaned, hitting his head. His bride purred in his arms, sensing his movement. He didn't want to wake her up. It will only add to his woes. He caressed her head softly, lulling her back to sleep. Once he was sure that she is in deep sleep, he carefully shifted her to adjacent pillow and covered her properly with the duvet.

He was never impulsive. Always got praised for being the level headed and practical. How could he act so foolishly impulsive? Even when the lady was drunk, he should have restrained himself and acted as a gentleman. He turned on the shower and stood beneath it with wishful thinking that all his worries will be washed away. While warm droplets calmed his nerves, he flinched away as they cleaned his torn skin. He touched his bruised back. His wife was indeed a passionate being. Her pretty nails were not merciful while he took her.