Chapter 20: The new recruits

Y/N's POV:

I was already 15 minutes late and couldn't find matching socks. I threw on a random pair and made my way to the party. I was wearing a dark purple suit that was slightly baggy to allow more movement for dancing and actually enjoying myself without feeling that it stuck to every inch of my body.

"Y/N! Get your ass over here! You're late!", Clint shouted over the massive crowd at me. I made my way through the crowd and shook his hand as I greeted him. "So terribly sorry for my tardiness my King.", I said bowing.

"Stop mocking me Y/l/N. You have to meet the new recruits! Best behaviour please!"
"I'm always on my best behaviour."
"Are you drunk already?"
"Might've had a couple drinks to calm my nerves."
"Of course you have. Oh, here's one of them now. Hey, Yelena. Meet-"

"Y/N Y/m/N Y/l/N.", she said standing close in front of me before she smacked me across my face. Clint looked astonished but I knew he was secretly loving this and living for the drama. "You know each other?", he asked smiling at me, enjoying this moment. "We met at the red room.", I began. "But this suka nearly got herself killed trying to play hero. She jumped off a plane after me as I tried to blow the red room up. She attached her parachute onto me, saving me, but she then didn't have one. I thought you died suka.", she said sadly at the end latching onto me in a hug. I felt kind of guilty not letting her know after so many years that I was still alive. "I'm so sorry Lenny."

"Have you met my sister? She is the black widow! I'm very proud of her!"
"Wait...Nat is your sister?"
"Nicknames, Nightshade? I don't like where this is going."
"Your sister hates me, you don't have to worry about that."
"Ha. You're both so alike. I can see why you don't get on well. She'll warm up to you."

Wanda walked up to me and kissed me on my cheek. She was obviously drunk and must've been jealous otherwise she wouldn't have done that in public. "Are you going to introduce me to your girlfriend, Nightshade?", Yelena asked laughing. "I'm not her girlfriend...yet.", Wanda said obviously slurring her words.

"Yelena, this is Wanda Maximoff, the scarlet witch. Wanda, this is an old friend of mine, Yelena Belova and also Natasha's sister." Wanda looked at me and whispered: "Can I show her around?" I smiled between them. "Yeah, of course. Yelena, I'll catch up with you later. Have fun guys.", I said as they both left.

I turned to Clint. "Don't you dare laugh, Katniss Everdeen." "I didn't say a word. Want another drink?" I nodded and we headed to the bar.

Steve's POV:

Bucky and I were talking and he was catching me up on all the drama and gossip with Y/N, Wanda and Natasha. He was so sweet and kind and really funny. Was he just my best friend?

"Granddad!", Y/N shouted in my ear as she jumped up and gave me a hug. Bucky laughed and sneakily took an undetected photo of us. "Sorry about that. I'm supposed to be looking after her tonight. She drunk as you can tell.", Clint spoke breathlessly as he ran over to us. "Wait one sec. Kate! Meet some of the team!", he shouted over the team as a relatively tall young lady with long black hair walked over to us. She wore a tight short purple dress, that seemed to match Y/N's suit. "Smash", Y/N said staring at her. I nudged her whilst we all chuckled. "I'm sorry, did I say that out loud?", she asked childishly. Kate blushed and became a bit shy. "Kinda.", she said softly, looking Y/N up and down.

Bucky and I exchanged glances between one another. This was going to be a long night. Drunk, childish Y/N was back and she has all the ladies coming after her!

"Guys, this is Kate Bishop. Kate, this is Steve Rogers or Captain America-", Clint began. "Grandad!", Y/N interrupted. Kate giggled and tried to hide her wide smile. "Thank you for your input Y/N. You're as drunk as a sailor. This is Y/N Y/l/N or Deadly Nightshade. And this is James Buchanan Barnes or the winter soldier, but you can call him Bucky."

"Hi, it's so nice to meet everybody. I can't believe I'm here. Clint's been the best partner!", she started to talk but became another victim of Y/N's interrupting. "Darling do you dance?", Y/N asked. Oh god, the flirting has begun. Kate nodded. Y/N took Kate by the arm and led her to dance floor.

"Bucky go get Wanda and Yelena. I'll get Natasha. Steve, just watch them and make sure they don't end up doing anything.", Clint sighed as he and Bucky walked off.

(842 words)