Chapter 1

"Hey! Now that's just mean" A young man chastised his companion. The other male crossed his arms with a smirk.

"What I'm only telling the truth," His smirk grew wider before he continued.

"Shorty~". The shorter male glared at him.

"Qing-ge! N-" He was about to retort back when everything began to shake. The shorter male let out a gasp.

"Qing-ge someone's ascending!" He called excitedly. 'Qing-ge' or known as Mu Qing rolled his eyes.

"Their sure causing quite a ruckus". The other male chuckled before he gasped.

"Qing-ge look out!" Mu Qing didn't have time to react when he felt himself be pushed. He heard a loud thud and when the smoke cleared he saw a bell and the other male was nowhere to be seen. He was about to call out until the bell was split in half by a white fan embroidered with black feathers and gold flowers. Sitting in the middle of the bell was the shorter male.

"Li-er!" Mu Qing called worriedly. Shu Li gave him a light smile before he hissed in pain when he tried to stand. Before he could fall though warm hands grabbed him to keep him upright. In one swift motion Mu Qing picked him up bridal style.

"Qing-ge put me down, I'll be fine" Shu Li whined, but let Mu Qing carry him nonetheless.
************************************
A women with light blue hair known as Ling Wen looked at the ground with her eyes shut in waiting. She opened her eyes slowly and looked forward, there was a male with white robes and bandages. When he noticed her he let out a sigh of relief.

"Your Highness, Congratulations" She said.

"I'm pleased to say you are this years winner of 'The Most Anticipated Official to Be Cast Out of Heaven Realm'." She explained, with a hint of amusement. The male formally known as the crown prince of Xianle, Xie Lian, chuckles nervously.

"I may have placed first, but it's nothing to be too happy about," He explains.

"The winner gets 100 merits," Ling Wen continued, as she began to close the scroll. Xie Lian let out an excited gasp and with a slight bend plus a thumbs up he says,

"Count me in next time as well then please" he asked. She looked at him before asking another question.

"Do you know who won second place then?" Xie Lian placed his chin between his pointer finger and thumb, and hummed in thought.

"It's hard to tell, given my popularity all three places would be taken up by me" he explained. He leaned forward and looked up at her expectantly. She unfurled the scroll and let it roll out as she continued,

"You are almost correct, there is no second place you have taken over all competitors" Xie Lian backed up nervously with a light chuckle.

"So who won last year?" He asked with a tight, close eyed smile.

"There are no others, namely because this competition was established this year" Ling Wen explained while rolling up the scroll once more.

"More precisely, today" She finished. His smile widened nervously.

"Right, I'm lucky to be in time for such an event" he sighs out as he looks to the side. Ling Wen gestures to him with her hand as she turns to walk towards the palace.

"Do you know why you won?" She asks. Xie Lian laughs nervously than asked,

"All the loyal support?"

"Your highness, please look at that bell" Ling Wen instructed as she pointed to her left. Xie Lian followed her movement and annualized a monument.