Chapter 2

Xie Lian and his group had stopped at one of Shu Li's shrines to keep the twins out of harm's way. Shu Li put an array around the shrine so no one could get in the structure besides himself or Xie Lian. Once that was done they were off once again. After walking for a bit the duo found a small quiet teashop.

'Chance Encounter? What a lovely name for this little teashop,' Shu Li thought with a warm smile. He was quite sad when they started to walk past it, but chuckled quietly when Xie Lian walked backwards to look at the shop. The shop owner quickly noticed the two, hurried over and invited them inside. He had brought them to a table next to an open window. When the two sat they took their bamboo hats off gracefully.

"A pot of tea, please," Xie Lian asked. Shu Li quickly spoke up before the man could bow.

"Uh and a plate of pastries as well, good sir" he asked, with a breathtaking smile. The man finally bowed and was about to walk away when Xie Lian brought out a hand to stop him(once again).

"Sir, has anything weird been happening lately?" He asked, with his usual smile. The man was quiet before answering.

"I have no comment" before he walked away swiftly. Xie Lian watched after him confused. He closed his eyes in thought before both gods heard a quiet jingle. They both looked in front of them to see silver glitter floating past a silver, translucent butterfly. Xie Lian put his hand out making the glitter fall in his palm. During this Shu Li stood up and followed the butterfly slowly so as not to scare it away. When the butterfly was almost out the window Shu Li stuck his finger out for it. But instead of it landing on his knuckle it flew towards his face and landed softly on the tip of his nose.

"Pretty..." Xie Lian muttered looking at his companion. Shu Li giggled at the butterfly before it flew off, both gods watched out the window as it flew away. Shu Li waved at it while Xie Lian talked to Ling Wen in the trio's array. Shu Li, who was not paying attention to the conversation, sat back down. He was playing with his scarf when two males came out of nowhere. He yelped as he fell from the bench in shock. Xie Lian turned around quickly, he saw Shu Li on the ground while the other males stared at him.

"That hurt, you know it's rude to sneak up on people like that!" The Martial god reprimanded. The two turned their attention to him muttering a couple apologies while bowing their heads.

"It seems as if they've come to behead us instead of aiding us.." Xie Lian spoke in the array nervously. Shu Li chuckled before placing his fingers to his temple as well.

"Are you sure you didn't force them to come Ling-Jie?" He asked, a response never returning. He huffed fondly before turning back to the Junior Officials. The man had come over and poured the two a cup of tea then had left the four to chat. Xie Lian and Shu Li grabbed their cups and began sipping it elegantly. Shu Li smiled softly at the tea, not noticing all eyes on his breathtaking appearance. He looked up, causing Xie Lian to cough and look away along with everyone else.

"May we know who you two are?" Xie Lian asked with a smile on his features.

"Nan Feng"

"Fu Yao" Shu Li blinked, then looked at Fu Yao to Nan Feng multiple times before nodding, with a confident smile.

"I'm not asking for your names," Xie Lian said with a smile still in place. Shu Li nudged him lightly.

"Though names are wonderful as well," Xie Lian explained. Shu Li smiled thankfully and turned to the Juniors.

"Thank you two for coming, could you tell us which gods you're working for?" He asked with a small smile.

"General Nan Yang. General Xuan Zhen" Nan Feng told nonchalantly, Fu Yao following suit. Xie Lian, who had just taken a sip of his tea, turned his head as he spit it out in shock. Shu Li rubbed his back gently as he coughed.