✨Chapter 3:Why Not Me(pt.3)✨

Julieta lightly knocked on her daughter's door.

"Mirabel...please open the door.." she said softly.

Mirabel didn't want to..but she knew that she had to talk to her mother so she slowly walked to the door the door and opened it.

Her mother walked into her room and immediately hugged her daughter.

"Im so sorry mi vida. I know she's my mother..but she should have never said what she did."

Mirabel hugged her mother tightly and began to cry again.

"She's right...all I do is get him in trouble..besides..he has better things to do then to goof off with his giftless cousin that can't do anything useful for this family..."

"Don't say that...you have done amazing things for this family. You helped your father when he got hurt and I wasn't around to heal him, you helped Luisa whenever she was upset, you even helped me cook when I was stressed. You are doing a wonderful-"

"I have no gift...no matter how much I try I will never be seen as useful because...in this family..you're only useful or special if you have a gift.."

Her mother looked at her and smiled reassuringly.

"Mirabel...you are just as special as the rest of the family."

"Bu-"

"I don't care what anyone else says...you are not useless. You are Mirabel Madrigal..the kindest, most helpful person I know."

Mirabel was about to say something else...but she was interrupted by another knock on her door.