Chapter 3 [fin]

"Here," the sweater that falls in her lap is soft and heavy, the material crumpling into a comfortable heap over her knees and she darts back, almost spilling the tea cupped between her hands. She turns to stare up at where Jennie is sauntering casually past, as if it means nothing and blinks at her in surprise.

"What is this?" She sets down the mug to finger the sweater uncertainly, brows creasing in confusion when Jennie just rolls her eyes.

"Don't tell me you're not cold, I could see you shivering from all the way over here. You don't have anything thick enough for this sort of weather." Jennie curls her feet, clad in thickly padded socks, up beside her on the couch until her toes can poke at Lisa's thigh.

"I'm fine," she says automatically, even as spreads the sweater out, feeling for the arm holes and shrugging it on over her shirt. The neck gets caught on the glasses perched on her head and she is momentarily blind before gentle fingers ply the material away from her head and guide her through the soft fabric.

"There," Jennie smiles, satisfied at the sight of her just as Rosé, who is sat by the coffee table on the floor, watching as Jisoo carefully constructs something strange and mechanical, lets out a bellowing laugh.

"Oh Lisa, welcome to the family."

She looks down at the sweater and feels her cheeks heat up at the sight of the blue background with a happy penguin dancing across it, clad in a red scarf and hat.

"Hey, you two match." Octavia frowns between their sweaters as she enters the room, and Lisa's mouth falls open when she glances at Jennie and sees the red wool with the familiar penguin dancing across it, "They're cute, where did you get them?"

"No, we didn't buy them-" Lisa hurries to explain even as Jennie rushes over her, cheeks heating into a delicate pink.

"That was an accident, Lisa was cold."

Octavia is still frowning at them, perplexed by their rambling responses and Lisa continues, desperately.

"Where are Lincoln and Taehyung? I haven't seen them for hours."

"I gave them free reign over the kitchen," Jane raises her eyebrow from beneath her reading glasses, looking up from the paper she's attacking with her red pen. "Definitely a decision I'll come to regret, but oh well."

"How're the essays mom?" Jennie turns to look at her mother, her toes brushing against Lisa's leg as she does so and her mother lets out a groan, folding up the papers and set them on the floor at her feet with a defeated sigh.

"I should never have agreed to cover Kane's winter class, I'm a doctor not a teacher."

"Come on Jane, you're a great teacher." Jisoo doesn't look up from her mechanics and Octavia butts in before Jane can do any more than raise an eyebrow in her direction.

"Yeah, come on. You taught me how to ride a bike! I still remember it!"

"How?" Jisoo is incredulous enough to finally lift her head and Rosé chuckles again, quietly, as Jennie puts in.

"Because she was like fourteen."

"You didn't learn to ride a bike until you were fourteen?" Lisa teases, gently, but Octavia still turns pink, glaring at where Jennie is smiling on the couch.

"Only because you and Tae would constantly push me off Jennie!"

"I don't know what you're laughing at Lis," Rosé stands, stretching her arms up above her head as she saunters past them and pauses in the doorway. "You didn't learn to swim until you were thirteen."