Chapter 13: What Else Can I Do?

——————————🕯——————————

POP!

Suddenly, a cactus appeared in front of them all. Isabela froze and stared at it, while Mateus and (Y/n) stared up at her.

"Oh my gosh. Isa, that is a very serious confession. Okay, get over here. Bring it in." Mateus opened his arms to embrace Isabela, but she was still staring at the cactus.

"Isa? Are you okay?" (Y/n) asked her.

Isabela: "I just made something unexpected."

She reached out to touch the cactus, and it grew when she did.

Isabela: "Something sharp. Something new."

Mateus: "Isa? Uh, this is the part where we..."

Isabela picked up the cactus and looked at it.

Isabela: "It's not symmetrical or perfect, but it's beautiful, and it's mine. What else can I do?"

She walked away, and Mateus called out to her.

Mateus: "Wait! Bring it in, bring it in. Good talk, bring it in, bring it in."

Isabela: "What else can I do?"

Mateus: "Let's hug, bring it in bring it in. Free hugs bring it in, bring it in."

Vines grabbed Isa around the waist and lifted her up as Mateus went to hug her. She landed in field of flowers and twirled around.

Isabela: "I grow rows and rows of roses. Flor de mayo by the mile."

...

She walked down a section that had flower statues of her in different poses.

Isabela: "I make perfect practices poses. So much hides behind my smile."

She wrapped vines around one of the statues and shattered it.

Mateus caught the head of the statue and started freaking out, as (Y/n) laughed at him.

...

Isabela: "What could I do if I just grew what I was feeling in the moment?"

She ran her hand along the wall of flowers, turning them red.

Mateus: "Do you know where you're going? Whoa!"

Mateus was bombarded with flower petals.

...

Isabela ran around her room causing explosions of flower petals.

Isabela: "What could I do if I just knew it didn't need to be perfect?"

She grabbed one of the vines that held her bed and leapt onto it.

Isabela: "It just needed to be, and they let me be..."

Her bed lifted in to the air and she started swinging on it.

Isabela: "A hurricane of jacarandás!"

...

Mateus was covered in blue flower petals and (Y/n) had different colored flowers in her hair. Isabela swung around her room turning the flowers on her wall green.