Renesmee

(The day they first found Camellia- Carlisle's perspective of this day will be the next chapter, as I got requests for both).

I sighed and turned over in bed- even if it were not for the clashes of thunder outside, I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

The girl- that was what I was calling her in my mind. She claimed to have no name, though I wasn't sure not having a name was even allowed. She was out there alone. In this storm.

I hadn't slept well in a couple of days now. At first I had been angry- she had left me. She had been right there, and she had needed to do was speak up for me. All she had to do was admit that I had not been alone when I had crossed the river. She had demanded that I do it.

But when I had tried to point her out to Grandpa Carlisle, she had been gone. She had made me look like a liar. She had made me get a spanking.

Well, that was a little dramatic. Those few swats from Grandpa had not really been a spanking. They still hurt, though.

It was so frustrating that she happened to appear while daddy was on an extended hunting trip. He wasn't here to read my mind and tell everybody that I was being honest- even being able to hear my heartbeat was not enough to convince them of such a fantastical story.

Daddy would be home any minute now, though. He would see the truth in my mind. He would show them that I was not a fibber- that girl had been the one to fib!

It didn't take long for my anger to fade, though. She tried to play tough. But I could see how scared she was. It didn't matter how many times I told her how nice my family was. She was afraid of meeting anybody. She had never done it before. She even seemed nervous to approach me.

It must be so sad to be all alone. 

Turning my head towards the window, I glanced at the tops of the trees outside. They were swaying in the wind, and the rain was splattered against the window. It was getting worse, the wait between the lightening and clashes of thunder almost nonexistent. The storm was on us.

 I closed my eyes and struggled to fall asleep.

She was fine. She had to be. She had lived on her own for so long- she must have known what she was doing by now.

But she was so little. Even younger than me physically. Could I have survived outside, in this awful storm?

My eyes opened again, looking towards the window. My curtains with ruffles were blowing slightly from the force of the wind, and I once again questioned how anybody could survive being outside in such an awful storm.

For a few seconds, I just watched the ruffles on the curtains move back and forth.

Then I realized that my curtains should not be moving at all. My window had not been left open- Mommy never let me leave it open at all, unless it was summertime.

There was a noise near my closet and I froze. I wanted to dive under my blankets, or reach for the lamp beside my bed. But I was scared to make a movement that might draw the ghost's attention towards me, so I stared straight up for a few moments, listening to my heart pound.

Just as I decided to sprint for the door, I saw a flash of blonde hair pass by the footboard of my bed. I knew that hair. Quietly, I sat up, and saw my friend standing near my closet.

She didn't look good. She was muddy and soaking wet, and her whole body was trembling. Even in the faint glow of the nightlight, I could make out the constant shaking of her body. What was wrong with her?

As if she sensed me, she slowly turned around. Still on edge from the fear I had felt when I first heard the noise in my room, I opened my mouth, about to ask what was wrong, or why she was here, or maybe even to call out to Mama for help.