Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Hi guys! I know this chapter is short but I felt you deserved another chapter for being such awesome readers. Thank you for supporting  my work! :-)

I've posted a sample chapter of a story I'm going to work on over the Summer called 'Kindred'. If can spare some time I'd really appreciate it if you'd give it a read and tell me what you think? I'd like some opinions before I update it regularly after exam season. Thank you! :)

Chapter Thirteen

"You better leave most of it to me, Katniss," Clove says. I can barely hear her over the blood pumping in my ears. I'm so angry right now I can't think straight. All I know is that I want to get to Glimmer as quick as I possibly can to smack her so hard her extensions fly off. "I mean, the angry look fits you well but you're not really in fighting shape."

I know Clove's right and I don't mind stepping back a little to let her do most of the beating. Clove is strong and has been since we were kids. If anyone could give Glimmer what she deserved, it was Clove. I just really needed to get to the bitch so I can unleash all my anger on her.

We find her outside, sitting at a table with the football players. She's snuggled against Gale but it's like he barely sees her for all the attention he gives her. Clove marches right up behind Glimmer and grabs her by the hair. Glimmer immediately screeches her head off, panicked before anything has even happened, and continues to do so as Clove yanks her off the bench by her extensions. Glimmer lands on the gravel and Clove lets go, giving her head a hard push as she does so.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" Glimmer roars.

"Our problem? Our problem?!" Clove yells back. "What the fuck is your problem?!"

"My problem?!" Glimmer shouts back. "I don't have a damn problem! I didn't attack you from behind!"

"Didn't you? What about the knife you've put in our backs?!" I snap at her. "Why have you been spreading shit about us? What the hell do you gain from it?!"

The footballers have stopped their conversation and are now watching the argument pan out before them. It wouldn't be long before others hear us and we'll have half the school watching us. "You girls are pathetic!" Glimmer hisses. She staggers to her feet and glares at us. "You're just jealous that I've climbed the food chain and you two haven't! I expected it from you, Katniss. Breaking a leg is so attention seeking it's just pitiful! But you Clove? I didn't expect you to hang around with her and sink too!"

"I didn't choose to break my leg, Glimmer!" I exclaim.

"Says you," Glimmer says, rolling her eyes.

"Yes says me!" I reply. "I was the only one there when it happened!"

"Committing suicide is so last year, Katniss," Glimmer says. "Not to mention you've gotten so sad since it happened. How much time do you spend with the Loser's End chumps, now?"

Clove lurches forward and shoves Glimmer back to the ground. She falls against the table and rebounds back so she lands flat on her back. "How about I break your fucking leg and you can be pitiful too?" Clove hisses.

Glimmer scrambles to her feet, knowing full well that Clove was capable of it. "You don't get it, do you? I'm a footballer's girlfriend now, I could get him to break all your legs!"

Gale snickers. It's so minute that only I see it. It's clear he won't be doing any leg breaking, especially at Glimmer's command.

"Get it? We can do nothing but get it!" Clove exclaims. "All you've done since you became a 'footballer's girlfriend' is wear the goddamn letterman jacket! You know it's not that special, someone from Loser's End was even given one!"