You really do love her

It wasn't long after that the girls and boys had been separated to go to sleep, the James, Fred II, Louis and teddy got put with George and Fred, and miraculously Matteo who was allowed to stay for the night.

Albus, Hugo and Scorpius were settled in Ron's room with Harry. Rose, Sofia, dom and Victoire all got to bunk together in Ginny's room with hermione and younger Cassie, while older Cassie slept in the attic she had made her den when she was younger.

Slowly but surely they had all fallen asleep, everyone but James Sirius potter of course. He carefully made his way down, avoiding his cousin who kept moving and his god brother who would occasionally mumble a few words in his sleep.

He slowly crept down to the kitchen suddenly craving his grandmothers left over cookies from dinner, he jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Sorry" younger cassie whispered, James held a hand to his chest trying to steady his heartbeat. "It's fine you still do this in the future, I'm not surprised you did it when you were younger" he chuckled.

"What are you doing awake?" He asked her and she shrugged, "nothing" he could tell she was lying the second the words slipped from his mouth.

"You're worried" he pointed out as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "no I'm not" she told him firmly, "you have a tell, Sofia has the same" he motioned to the hair she was currently playing with.

She immediately dropped it, "it's Theo, he's in a house full of people who practically hate him and sometimes he gets nightmares" she reluctantly told him. "Really?" He asked not amused, more so shock that someone so scary and confident would have trouble sleeping.

"When he's with his father, it never ends well, growing up he got cursed a lot, sometimes the memories are too much for him, after all he is still human" her eyes instantly became sad, it actually pained her to even think about what he could be going through.

"Oh" a silence settled upon them, James never knew about that side of his uncles family, he never spoke of his family and Sofia didn't know much about her Grandfather - either of them.

"Theo and I have a daughter in the future huh?" She smirked on the outside but on the inside she was beaming with joy.

"Sofias the best, she's beautiful, kind, funny and so smart, I thought she could be in ravenclaw but she's so so brave and extremely cunning, I was going to accept Slytherins for her. But inevitably she ended up In Gryffindor" he told her his smile widening with each word.

"You love her don't you?" She smiled softly happy that her daughter had found someone like she had found Matteo.

"I do, I just don't know how to tell her" he washed his cup placing it back on the rack. "Don't wait for the right moment it may never come, tell her when it's just the two of you because that's always a good moment" she advised him before making her way back up and quietly creeping into the boys' room just in time to see Matteo lurch his body up in panic.

She carefully kneeled beside him taking his face in her hands and whispering comforting words into his ears as she held him, softly stroking his hair trying to lull him back to sleep. It wasn't long until he had calmed down and dozed off, an almost deathly grip on Cassie.

Similarly James made his way into the girls' room, they were all his something so there couldn't be much of an issue if he just took younger Cassie's sleeping bag since he doubted she'd be returning.

Sofia groaned rolling over onto her side opening her eyes dazed. "Hi" James whispered kissing her nose, "hi? Jamie what are you doing here?" She blinked her eyes once she realized it was him.

"I missed you and young aunt Cass kinda took my bed next to your dad so.." he shrugged. "Oh" she smiled moving her sleeping bag closer to his so they could snuggle.

"I talked with your mum, even as her younger self she is really good with advice" he muttered pulling her into his arms. "Oh yeah? About what?" She laid her head on his chest.

"Telling you I love you" she froze hearing the words come out of his mouth, her eyes snapped up to meet his who were looking at her lovingly.

"W-what?" She stuttered searching his eyes for any hint of a lie. "I love you" she didn't wait another second before pressing her lips to his. But when the moment came for her to say it back she started to fumble with her words.

"Hey you don't have to say it back just yet, just because you're not at I love you yet doesn't mean I'll start to love someone else" he reassured her pressing his lips to her forehead.

"You don't understand I am there and I do so much it's just something's not letting me say it, if feels wrong" she knew exactly what was stopping her she just wouldn't tell him because she thought he'd hate her father more.

Sofia had been a daddy's girl since the second she was born, she clung to him whenever they went out, she went to him for advice, he was her confidant, and the fact that her father doesn't accept her relationship with James or the idea of her being in a relationship is the only thing stopping her from truly committing to James.

It was as if he read her mind he said his next words "he'll come around eventually he has to" he tried reassuring her with words he barely believed himself.

"I'm sorry" she whispered, "don't be, I'll make you love me" he joked, "worked good enough the last time" she giggled remembering how he told her that a couple years ago and here they were in a relationship.

It wasn't long after that they had both drifted off, "wasn't that cute?" Dom awed, "adorable" victoire gushed.

"Is no one else concerned that he's in our room?" Hermione asked, "not really, he's our cousin, aunt Ginny's son and you're future nephew" rose told them pulling her blanket closer as they all fell asleep again.

"I'm gonna tell Albus about this he's going to die" rose giggled to herself.