𝘷𝘴𝘰𝘰 - 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘴𝘬𝘺

Jisoo slowly opened her eyes, blinking at the harsh light that shone right into their face. She could hear her mother's voice calling for her name and her brother was rushing to look for a nurse or doctor. Her mind still feels hazy from sleeping and her vision blurring but still manages to recognize her parents. Her father was standing next to her mother, worry written all over his features.

She finally managed to register her surroundings. She was in some hospital room with an IV on her arm.

Jisoo tries getting up from where she lays but couldn't due to a sudden pain shoot on her chest. She looked down on her chest and noticed long stitches on the area below her collarbones. Now, she remembered that she had heart transplant surgery after the doctor found a suitable donor for her.

When Jisoo was seven years old, she suddenly passed out after playing hide and seek with her brother. Her parents sent her to the hospital and she had been diagnosed with ASD or congenital heart disease. Ever since that day, she needs fully to depend on medication and frequently stay in the hospital. "How are you feeling, honey?" Her mom says while helping her up so they can look at her. Jisoo smiles at them, her body feels sore but it's bearable. "I feel fine now, mom." She replies. "That's good. You should rest some more." Her mother says while kissing her daughter's forehead. Her father kneels down, taking her hand into his own. He gives her a soft smile. "We are glad you feel okay, sweetie."

Their conversation was cut short when doctors arrived inside the room with nurses and her brother. The doctor told her how lucky she is to have a suitable donor for her heart transplant surgery. He also tells Jisoo that there was no permanent damage to her heart. If she continues being healthy like this, she can go back home soon enough. She smiled at the doctor, thanking him again. He then leaves the room to talk with her family members.

Jisoo feels drowsy again, probably from the effects of the medication she is on. All she wanted to do was sleep, rest and not think about anything else other than resting. She slowly closed her eyes again and drifted off to dreamland.

***

It has been almost two weeks since Jisoo went to get her heart transplant and she has become pretty comfortable with herself and her condition now. There were days when she would just stare at the ceiling thinking about random stuff and other times, she would be staring blankly outside her window hoping for the weather to clear so she could see the sunset. Her parents and her brother visited her every day, sometimes bringing snacks and sometimes just talking with her.

Jisoo puffs her cheek, feeling bored of doing nothing. The doctors said she can walk around freely now which means Jisoo can leave her bed if she wants to. She slowly pushes herself up, sitting upright against her bed before holding onto a IV drip stand and slowly walking to where she left her cardigan. She puts on the cardigan and fixes her hair a bit before stepping out of the room. As expected, the hospital's hallway was filled with people who are busy with something or another. Jisoo walks forward, trying her best to avoid bumping into people.

She remembered one of the nurses used to tell her about the mini garden on the top of the hospital building. "You never know, Jisoo. Maybe you will meet a new friend." The nurse once said. It sounded really appealing to Jisoo's ears so she made her way to the elevator. She stops in front of the elevator, pressing the button and waiting for the doors to open. When they opened, she stepped inside and pressed the button labeled 12th floor. Once the elevator reaches the top floor, the door opens to reveal the garden. A lot of patients were already there enjoying the sun and relaxing. Jisoo took a few steps closer as she saw a male patient on the wheelchair, staring directly at the sky and looking lost in his thoughts. He looks like he is the same age as her or maybe even older. Jisoo felt curious because he seemed sad and distant. Looks like the guy broke his leg because he has the casts covering most parts of his left leg.