Chapter 6

Nathan's p.o.v.

Saturday took forever to get here. Every day in between was a drag that when Saturday finally got here I stared at the clock until it was time to go. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking forward to seeing Skyler. He wasn't the reason for my excitement.

But then again I couldn't figure out what was if not that. No, I wasn't crushing on him. He was a guy and it was wrong for men to like each other. Plus, Skyler was an asshole.

Skyler was waiting for me by the time I finally pulled up to his house. Like usual he looked angry with his arms crossed and his foot tapping on the ground. It made me wonder if he was mad that I took too long, or if it was something else. Regardless he was careful when he got into my car and shut the door.

"So, what has you all upset?" I dared to ask. I wasn't trying to piss him off, but when he glared daggers at me I knew I crossed some line. "Hey, if I made you wait for too long then I'm sorry. I tried to make it here on time."

When I glanced over at him I saw that his face looked calmer. "No . . . it's not you. I'd rather not talk about it, honestly. Family issues." There was a hint of sadness in his voice, but I wouldn't push the matter. We weren't close, we'd never be, so I wouldn't pry into his life. It was none of my business.

I drove to the park with Skyler continuing to look sad. He didn't brighten up at all when we pulled up to the park. The park was almost deserted except for a few children on the slides, but the soccer field right next to it was open.

"Are you sure you still want to play? We could do something else . . ." I started to say, but I was cut off.

"No, let's go." Skyler was out of the car with his soccer ball before I could say another word. I sighed before getting out of my car and following him to the field. He placed the ball in the middle of the field. "Okay, that's your goal," he pointed to the net right in front of him, "and that one's mine," the net behind him. "Come on, let's play."

Even when it was the two of us playing he still managed to beat me. He took the game so seriously and he made it hard for me to score any points. I was trying to kick the ball away from him as he kicked towards the goal at the same time. Our legs collided and soon we found ourselves on the ground. He shrieked when I landed on top of him.

I didn't get off of him as I tried to catch my breath, nor did he push me off. "Are you okay?" I asked him while still slightly breathless.

He nodded. "I'm fine, but you're heavy for someone so skinny. So I won the game, right?"

"Yes, Sky. You won the game. And I'm not even that heavy." He smiled at me, and at that moment I couldn't help thinking how adorable he was.

I leaned down and kissed him.

It surprised me when he didn't pull away. He let me kiss him, but he didn't kiss me back. He just laid there. When I pulled away his eyes were closed and he didn't look disgusted, but he didn't look like he enjoyed it either.

"You suck at kissing." Skyler was looking at me now with a smirk on his face. "I thought you were against men doing these things."

"It only sucked because you didn't kiss back. And I am against men doing this sort of thing. This will be the only time that I'll ever do something like that to you." Gosh, I was stupid. Skyler looked so hurt by the end of my words, but it slipped out. I didn't even mean to make him upset. "Sky . . . I'm so sorry . . ."

"Get the fuck off of me." He pushed on my chest and reluctantly I got off of him. He got up off of the ground, went to get his soccer ball, then began walking in the direction of his home.

Naturally, I chased after him. Part of me thought that it would be best if he walked away, but the part of me that chased him couldn't let him get away. I grabbed his arm only to have him quickly turn around and slap me across the face.

"How dare you! How dare you kiss me and then insult me! I should be the one crushing your fucking heart, not the other way around! Don't you fucking touch me or fucking kiss me. Got it? If you're going to insult me then don't do any of that shit or I will rip your balls out through your throat." Skyler was poking my chest throughout his speech, but he got the message across.

I held my hands up in surrender. "Okay, got it. Just let me take you home for now and I won't bother you anymore."

"Fine . . . but only because I have no way home." As quickly as his anger came it was gone. Skyler was back to looking upset.

He didn't wait for me as he went to my car. He acted like a child as he stomped to it and once again I couldn't help thinking that he was cute. Every time he acted like a child I found it adorable. He had a lot of growing up to do, I had to admit.

Skyler refused to talk to me as I drove him home. He glared at me when I tried to start a conversation, so eventually I gave up. He wouldn't even look at me besides the glares that he shot me.

I sighed. "Look, Sky, I'm really sorry for saying what I did. I don't want you to be mad at me." We were at his house now and I turned off the engine as we sat out front.

He wasn't glaring at me when I looked over at him now. This boy had some serious mood swings. It made me wonder if there was something else wrong with him. Mentally.

Skyler grabbed the front of my shirt. I wasn't ready for it when he slammed his lips onto mine. He was rough as he pressed his lips harder on mine, but it wasn't like the first time he kissed me. He was holding back from making it more intimate.

"That's how you kiss a person, idiot," Skyler said once he pulled away.

He jumped out of my car after that. He glanced back at me once before running to his front door.

----

Which point of view is more preferred? Nathan's or Skyler's?