Bearer of Bad News

Rick POV

When my research was complete and I fixed the blurry video that Tasha brought over, I was shocked to see the woman in the video. She looked very familiar but I could not remember exactly where I knew her from. I could not wait to tell Tasha to see if she knew who this woman was. 

I cleaned up my basement and waited for her to arrive. I was putting all the evidence Tasha brought into a folder when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to find a terrified Tasha standing there.

"Are you ok? You look very scared."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tell me what you found."

She rushed past me to the table with the folder that contained the evidence.

"So I tested the strand of hair and the fingerprint of the gun and they all match a woman. This woman." I showed her the clear version of the video on my laptop. 

She immediately threw up on her shoes when she saw it. 

"Omg, Tasha! You don't look so good. Here take a seat. I will get you some water."

I ran upstairs to get her some water.

When I came back, she was still sitting in the chair with her eyes closed and head laid back. 

"Here drink this."

She took a few sips before saying, "I know that woman."

"What? Who is she?"

"M-m-my mother."

"Are you fucking kidding me? What the  fuck? Why would she do this?"

"I don't know I'm still as shocked as you are but PLEASE DO NOT TELL ANYONE. I will take care of this myself."

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." I patted her on her back.

I walked to the table to give her the folder with the evidence. When I returned, I saw her rolling a blunt.

"Want to smoke with me?"

"Sure. After that news, I think we both need a hit."